COVID-19 restrictions have changed the way Council meetings are conducted for now. Council meetings are being held on the video platform Zoom and webcast via the internet.
Council meetings are attended by the Mayor, elected councillors, the General Manager and Council's executive staff via weblink.
- Council meetings start at 11am and are normally held on Tuesdays each fortnight, see meeting dates on this page.
- Public Forum sessions start at 9.30am before each meeting will continue via weblink (read more below).
- Public Access sessions start at 9.15am on determined dates and will be conducted on Zoom.
- Council meetings can be watched using our webcast service.
- Members of the public can contact councillors by phone or email with issues that can be raised with staff.
- Council’s Code of Meeting Practice provides a framework for the effective conduct of Council meetings and Public Forum sessions:
Council meeting dates for 2020
Recent updates related to COVID-19:
- To reduce the risk presented by the pandemic, the NSW Government has postponed local government elections. Instead of September 2020, local government elections will now be held in September 2021.
- Council is adhering to NSW Government advice on the conduct of Council meetings.
- 11 February 2020
- 25 February 2020
- 10 March 2020
- 24 March 2020
- 7 April 2020
- 26 May 2020
- 23 June 2020
- 14 July 2020
- 28 July 2020
- 11 August 2020
- 25 August 2020
- 8 September 2020
- 22 September 2020
- 27 October 2020
- 10 November 2020
- 24 November 2020
- 8 December 2020
Recent updates related to COVID-19:
- Due to Australian and NSW Government COVID-19 restrictions, Council meetings are being held on the video platform Zoom and webcast via the internet. The Public Forum session, scheduled prior to the Council meeting, will also be conducted on Zoom. Members of the community wishing to participate in Public Forum must have the necessary technology to connect to Zoom (eg, a computer or device with video and audio capabilities – find out how to get started on the Zoom website).
- Approved speakers will be provided with the weblink to connect to the Zoom meeting. The Public Forum session on Zoom commences at 9.30am, so you will need to be logged into your device and connected to Zoom at that time.
- If you do not have the necessary technology to connect to Zoom, Council will accept a written copy of your presentation, which will be provided to Councillors along with the approved list of speakers for their information and consideration.
- If you wish to listen to Public Forum via Zoom, please contact Council's executive services office to register. A weblink will be provided to the registered listeners to connect to the meeting. Listeners will be required to have their video and microphone turned off at all times.
- Council understands that this is not an ideal situation, however it is necessary to ensure that Council complies with COVID-19 regulations and restrictions.The Council will hold a Public Forum prior to each ordinary meeting of the Council for the purpose of hearing oral submissions from members of the public on items of business to be considered at the meeting, unless there are no registered speakers. Public Forums will also be held prior to extraordinary Council meetings unless there are no registered speakers.
- Public Forum will commence at 9.30am. One hour will be allocated to Public Forum prior to a Council meeting. If there are more speakers register than time permits, Council could resolve to extend the Public Forum session for 15 minutes only and potentially limit the number of speakers of up to three to speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ any item of business. Speakers will be allowed seven minutes to address the Council.
Register to speak at Public Forum
To speak at Public Forum, a person must register by email or phone to Council’s executive services office no later than 12pm of the business day prior to the meeting:
- Identify the item of business on the agenda of the Council meeting the person wishes to speak on, and may state whether they wish to speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ the item.
- Provide a written copy of the presentation to Council by 12pm the business day before the Council meeting, which will be published on Council’s website.
Register by contacting Council’s executive services office:
- T: 02 4474 1358
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how Public Forum is facilitated, please see Council's Code of Meeting Practice:
If you are having trouble viewing the latest meeting agendas on this page, you might need to clear your browsing data and reload the page. Depending on your operating system, you can also try the following key combinations: ctrl + F5 (Windows) and Apple + R or command + R (Mac/Apple).
2020 Agendas, minutes and reports
No meetings occurred during this month.
- 11 Feb 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 11 February 2020
- 25 Feb 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 25 February 2020
- 10 Mar 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 10 March 2020
- 24 Mar 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 24 March 2020
- 07 Apr 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 7 April 2020
- 26 May 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 26 May 2020
- 23 Jun 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 23 June 2020
- 11 Aug 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 11 August 2020
- 25 Aug 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 25 August 2020
- 08 Sep 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 8 September 2020
- 22 Sep 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting 22 September 2020