Public access session
Council will hold a public access session once per month, prior to the commencement of briefing sessions, for members of the public to raise any Council related issues with Councillors, which have not been previously determined by Council.
The public access session commences at 9.15am, unless there are no speakers registered.
To present at a public access session, please register by 12pm on the business day prior and provide a written copy of the presentation.
If the Monday before the public access session is a public holiday, you will need to register by 12pm on the Friday before the briefing session.
One hour will be allocated to the public access session. If there are more speakers registered than time permits, Council could resolve to extend the public access session for 15 minutes only. Any speakers who have not presented due to time constraints will be scheduled first on the list for the next available public access session.
Register by contacting Council’s Executive Services Office:
- T: 02 4474 1358
- E: email@example.com
Information for speakers
When you are speaking in the public access session, please:
- turn off your mobile phone and pagers
- remember that each speaker only has seven minutes
- resist from making personal or derogatory comments
- provide your presentation in writing, 12pm the business day prior
Councillors, staff and members of the public are bound by the Code of Meeting Practice and must show mutual respect for one another.
Public Access Session dates for 2020
- 4 February 2020
- 3 March 2020
- 31 March 2020
- 5 May 2020
- 2 June 2020
- 7 July 2020
- 20 October 2020
- 17 November 2020
- 1 December 2020
All public access sessions July to December 2019
- Lei Parker - 23 July 2019
- Sharon Parrish - 23 July 2019
- Allison Rowe - 20 August 2019
- Judy Smith - 19 November 2019
- Bernie Perrett - 17 September 2019
- Lei Parker - 3 December 2019
- Brett Stevenson - 3 December 2019