Peter Cormick - 13 May 2014
Peter Cormick made the following comments in Non Agenda Public forum at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 13 May 2014. Public Participation – Peter Cormick
- Seeking an explanation of apparent inconsistencies between the application of the Community Engagement Policy and the standards espoused within it.
- When should Council consult and engage with the community other than in the context of "plans and strategies"?
- How does this restricted application, of "plans and strategies", reconcile with the Community Engagement Policy's requirement that "This policy applies to all facets of Council's operations"?
- Why restrict participation to just "plans and strategies"?
- Does council have a policy on participation outside "plans and strategies"? Points 3.7 of the policy does not explain "when" participation should occur.
- As provided for at point 4 of the policy, I ask that my concerns please be "recorded on council's customer service records system…"
- Suggest Council review its Community Engagement Policy with a view to walking the talk.
Council's reply to this question is pending.