We invite all members of the community to come along to Council Meetings or watch them online via our webcast service.
Council meetings are attended by the Mayor, elected councillors, the General Manager and Council's executive staff.
- Where: Council Chambers, on the corner of Vulcan and Campbell streets, Moruya
- When: Meetings are usually held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, from 11am.
Council meeting dates for 2020
March 2020 updates:
- As a safety precaution to limit public gatherings and slow the spread of coronavirus COVID-19, Council agreed at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 24 March 2020 to amend meeting dates to monthly (instead of fortnightly) for the period remaining before the caretaker provisions commence and to not hold public access sessions until otherwise resolved.
- On Wednesday 25 March 2020, the NSW Government announced changes to enable Council meetings to be facilitated via weblink and livestreamed to the public. Council will implement these measures prior to its next Council meeting on 7 April 2020. These changes will ensure that we comply with social distancing guidelines and limit public gatherings to help slow the spread of the virus.
- Members of the public can contact councillors by phone or email with issues that can be raised with staff.
- You can watch Council meetings via our webcast service.
11 February 2020|
25 February 2020
10 March 2020|
24 March 2020
|April||7 April 2020|
|May||26 May 2020|
|June||23 June 2020|
|July||28 July 2020|
|August||No meetings during Local Government Elections caretaker period.|
|September||No meetings during Local Government Elections caretaker period.|
13 October 2020 |
27 October 2020
10 November 2020|
24 November 2020
8 December 2020
March 2020 updates:
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Council meetings are being held on the video platform Zoom and webcast via the internet. These restrictions have been put in place in line with Australian and NSW Government regulations. The Public Forum session, scheduled prior to the Council meeting, will also be conducted on Zoom. These restrictions are in place in accordance with current government regulations. Members of the community wishing to participate in Public Forum must have the necessary technology to connect to Zoom (eg, a computer or device with video and audio capabilities – find out how to get started on the Zoom website).
- Approved speakers will be provided with the weblink to connect to the Zoom meeting. The Public forum session on Zoom commences at 9.30am, so you will need to be logged into your device and connected to Zoom at that time.
- If you do not have the necessary technology to connect to Zoom, Council will accept a written copy of your presentation, which will be provided to Councillors along with the approved list of speakers for their information and consideration.
- Council understands that this is not an ideal situation, however it is necessary to ensure that Council complies with COVID-19 regulations and restrictions.
The Council will hold a public forum prior to each ordinary meeting of the Council for the purpose of hearing oral submissions from members of the public on items of business to be considered at the meeting, unless there are no registered speakers. Public forums will also be held prior to extraordinary Council meetings unless there are no registered speakers.
Public forum will commence at 9.30am. One hour will be allocated to public forum prior to a Council meeting. If there are more speakers register than time permits, Council could resolve to extend the Public Forum session for 15 minutes only and potentially limit the number of speakers of up to three to speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ any item of business. Speakers will be allowed seven minutes to address the Council.
Register to speak at public forum
To speak at a public forum, a person must first make an application to the Council in the approved form. Applications to speak at the public forum must be received by Council:
- no later than 12pm of the business day prior to the meeting
- must identify the item of business on the agenda of the Council meeting the person wishes to speak on, and may state whether they wish to speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ the item.
- with a written copy of the presentation provided to Council by 12pm the business day before the Council Meeting, which will be published on Council’s website.
Register by contacting Council’s Executive Services Office:
- T: 02 4474 1358
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how Public Forum is facilitated, please see Council's Code of Meeting Practice:
If you are having trouble viewing the latest meeting agendas on this page, you might need to clear your browsing data and reload the page. Depending on your operating system, you can also try the following key combinations: ctrl + F5 (Windows) and Apple + R or command + R (Mac/Apple).
2017 Agendas, minutes and reports
No meetings occurred during this month.
- 14 Feb 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 14 February 2017
- 28 Feb 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 28 February 2017
- 28 Mar 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 28 March 2017
- 11 Apr 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 11 April 2017
- 25 Jul 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 25 July 2017
- 08 Aug 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 8 August 2017
- 29 Aug 2017 Extraordinary Council Meeting 29 August 2017
- 12 Sep 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 12 September 2017
- 26 Sep 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 26 September 2017
- 10 Oct 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 10 October 2017
- 24 Oct 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 24 October 2017
- 14 Nov 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 14 November 2017
- 28 Nov 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 28 November 2017
- 12 Dec 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting 12 December 2017