About the Divisional Manager Governance and Information
Divisional Manager Governance and Administrative Services:
- Customer Service and Information: Customer service, reception and records management.
- Governance, Risk Management and Insurance: Council’s governance processes such as policy reviews, Code of Conduct complaints, Public Interest Disclosure issues, Government Information (Public Act) 2009 (GIPA), Privacy and Copyright issues, risk management procedures and training across Council and all insurance policies and claims.
- Information and Communication Technology: Council’s software and hardware requirements, maintenance, software licences and IT security, and IT support.
- Procurement and Stores: Tendering procedures, procurement training across Council and the purchasing of goods and services for Council.
- Fleet: Purchasing and disposal of Council vehicles and plant across Council.
In total, there are 31 positions (including full time and part time) in Council’s Governance and Administrative division.
In 2019-20 the combined governance and administrative budget is $6,302,159.
Employment experience at Eurobodalla Shire Council
Jeff started his work with Council in October 2011 as Insurance and Risk Coordinator. In June 2012 this role expanded to include governance. In January 2015 Jeff was appointed as Divisional Manager Governance and Administrative Services.
Previous employment experience
Jeff has extensive private sector business experience working in areas of merchant banking and insurance. Jeff has spent the majority of his working career in the insurance industry as an Insurance Broker for a small brokerage in Sydney and Batemans Bay.
Jeff completed a Certificate of Accounting in 1986, then, as his career moved into Insurance, Jeff completed a Diploma of Business (General insurance) in 1996, and Certificate III in Financial Services (General insurance) 2003.
In the role of Insurance and Risk Coordinator at Council, Jeff decided to pursue further studies and completed the Diploma of Integrated Risk Management in 2013. In 2018 Jeff achieved Dux in the LG Professional 'Governance in Local Government one week Intensive Residential Course'. Jeff is also a Fellow of the Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance & Finance.
Contact Jeff Phillips
- T: 02 4474 1267
- E: Jeff Phillips