Rates and payments
Rates make up 55% of Eurobodalla Council's funds, and are used to pay for infrastructure and services for the community. Your rates contribute to services such as construction and maintenance of local roads and bridges, swimming pools and boat ramps, libraries and sporting fields.
Your rates include a General Rate and Environmental Levy. Each of these are made up of two parts:
- a base charge, which is the same for all ratepayers
- a variable 'rate in the dollar' amount that is based on your land value, which has been calculated by the NSW Valuer General.
These amounts are shown on your Rates and Charges Notice. Your notices also includes any other annual charges you incur, such as water, sewerage and garbage collection.
Sign up for electronic rates notices
You can sign up to receive your rates notice electronically. It's convenient and saves paper:
This financial year, the General Rate and Environmental Levy increased by 2.6% in accordance with the rate pegging approved by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal.
Find out how your rates are calculated and what they pay for.
If you are eligible for the Pensioner Rebate it will be shown on your Rates and Charges Notice.
If it is not on your notice but you think you might be eligible for the rebate, please phone our Rates Hotline on 02 4474 1355.
You can pay for your rates, water and Council invoices online, over the phone, in person, or by direct debit.
- Use the BPay details on your invoice or account statement.
- Use POSTbillpay to pay your bills online with your credit card.
Pay over the phone:
You can use POSTbillpay's phone service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to pay invoices over the phone using your credit card.
- Phone: 13 18 16
- Find out more on the POSTbillpay website.
Pay in person at Council or the Post Office:
- Visit Council's customer service centre on the corner of Vulcan and Campbell streets, Moruya NSW.
- Visit any Post Office to pay lots of different bills, including phone, gas and electricity bills, water and Council rates.
Find your nearest Post Office on the Australia Post website.
Pay by direct debit:
You can set up a direct debit with us for your rates and water notices and Council invoices. We will debit the cheque or savings account you nominate.
To set up a direct debit download and complete our direct debit request forms and return them to us:
- Set up a direct debit for your rates or water notices (249 KB)
- Set up a direct debit for Council invoices (129 KB)
Return your direct debit forms to Council
- In person: Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm
at Council's customer service centre on the corner of Vulcan and Campbell Streets, Moruya
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Revenue Team
Eurobodalla Shire Council
PO Box 99, Moruya 2537
- If you have a question about your rates, please phone us on 02 4474 1355
- If you have a general Council question or request phone us on 02 4474 1000 or use our online feedback form.