Advocacy and improvement
Advocating for the community and environment is an important part of Council's role.
We advocate for the community on a range of issues by seeking funding and support from other councils and the NSW and Commonwealth governments, and considering other matters that might impact or interest the community.
Canberra Region Joint Organisation
Eurobodalla Council is a proud member of the Canberra Region Joint Organisation (CRJO). The CRJO's vision is ‘working together to deliver better outcomes for our communities and the region’. Its three core functions are:
- regional strategic planning and priority setting
- intergovernmental collaboration
- regional leadership and advocacy.
The CRJO region is located in south-eastern NSW and surrounds the ACT. The region is predominantly rural, with major towns Batemans Bay, Bega, Bowral, Cooma, Crookwell, Goulburn, Mittagong, Moruya, Moss Vale, Narooma, Queanbeyan, Tumut, Yass and Young. There are many smaller townships and villages, and growing residential and rural-residential areas - particularly close to Canberra and along the coast. Our region is a unique and diverse geographic region that stretches from the South-West Slopes, through the Sydney-Canberra Corridor across the Eurobodalla down to the Sapphire Coast and up to the Snowy Mountains. The total population of the CRJO region including the ACT is 750,000 and the total area of the region is 48,000 km2.
Submission to the NSW Legislative Assembly, Committee on Environment and Planning
In 2019, we made a submission to the Committee on the inquiry on sustainability of energy supply and resources in NSW.
Read Council's submission
We recognise that providing infrastructure plays a key role in stimulating and sustaining the NSW economy.
We have identified key projects which could have a marked impact on meeting this objective while improving quality of life for our residents and visitors.
Our recommended infrastructure priorities for our region and the Eurobodalla cover government infrastructure and key local projects with potential to grow international trade, investment and tourism.
Eurobodalla Shire Council is a member of the South East Australian Transport Strategy (SEATS) which gives a collective voice to show the region is working as one to improve transport infrastructure.
- For more information on SEATS, visit SEATS
We also provide submissions into Australian and State Government Strategies or projects to advocate for the needs of Eurobodalla.
Batemans Bay Bridge Proposed foreshore plans
Batemans Bay Bridge replacement
- Submission to Roads and Maritime Services - Batemans Bay Bridge - December 2017 (1.75MB)
- For more information on the bridge replacement, visit Batemans Bay Bridge replacement
NSW Future Transport 2056
- Future Transport Strategy Submission - December 2017 (1.75MB)
- For more information on the NSW Future Transport Strategy, visit Future Transport 2056
NSW Road Safety 2021
- Submission to the NSW Road Safety Plan 2021 - November 2017 (809KB)
- For more information on the NSW Road Safety Plan 2021, visit Road Safety Plan 2021