Batemans Bay Waterfront Master Plan and Activation Strategy
Start: Late 2019
Expected completion: Early 2020
- Visit the Francis Guy Building (5 Clyde Street) Batemans Bay any time between 9am-4pm on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 November 2019 to discuss the emerging concepts with Council staff and specialists from Inspiring Place.
- Keep an eye on social media to find out about other activities taking place on the waterfront over the weekend of 16 and 17 November. Local groups and businesses are also running events to provide entertainment and activities including:
- Outdoor movie screening of the Greatest Showman thanks to the Batemans Bay Soldiers Club Saturday 7pm
- Live music and buskers all weekend
- Exercise classes Saturday 9am - 11am
- Wildlife tour Saturday 11am
- Art exhibition Sunday 10am - 3pm.
- We are preparing concepts for the masterplan to share with the community. They will be available on this webpage soon.
- We hosted three “walk and talk" groups for community members to share their ideas with the project consultants and Council staff about future possibilities for the Batemans Bay waterfront.
- We have met with business and stakeholder groups to discuss ideas from their perspective.
- Attendees gave us a wide range of feedback and ideas to consider into the next stage of the project. Thank you to everyone who contributed.
The Batemans Bay Masterplan and Activation Strategy aims to identify opportunities to activate the Batemans Bay waterfront. This can be through:
- enhancing public spaces
- establishing a framework for quality urban design and built form
- establishing activities and uses that make the waterfront a place people want to go to and stay longer
- increasing movement and recreation opportunities to and on the waterfront.
The Strategy will focus on the waterfront precinct shown in this map - however linkages with the rest of the CBD and Mackay Park are also important considerations for this project.
Council has engaged specialist tourism planning and urban design consultants, Inspiring Place, to identify opportunities to activate the Batemans Bay Waterfront. They will prepare a masterplan and activation strategy that outline ways to strengthen the Batemans Bay waterfront as a key destination and experience for Eurobodalla.
The project is an outcome of several State and Council strategic documents which identify the need to reinforce Batemans Bay as a key regional centre and marine tourism hub. It will build on the opportunities already provided by State Government investment and direction in the Batemans Bay area (such as the replacement of the Batemans Bay Bridge). The State Government recognises Batemans Bay as a tourism hub complemented by the Batemans Marine Park and is investing in opportunities to further activate the waterfront.
For more information about the Batemans Bay Master Plan and Activation Strategy, please contact Angie Radford Strategic Planning Officer (Environment):
- T: 02 4474 1202
- E: Angie Radford