Marine Infrastructure Asset Management Plan
Council is developing a new asset management plan to provide future direction for improvements, renewals and maintenance of Eurobodalla’s marine facilities.
The Plan will identify and prioritise marine infrastructure projects for the next 10 years and provide crucial support for grant funding applications.
We know boating and fishing activities are important to locals and visitors so we want to ensure our facilities are ship-shape and cater for the inevitable increase in demand.
We want to draw on the knowledge and experience or our waterway users to help us develop a plan that truly reflects the needs of our community in an affordable way.
Coming up soon we will encourage the community to take part in a survey to rate their satisfaction with local marine facilities and to suggest any improvements Council should consider undertaking.
Check out our marine facilities and their locations.
- We are preparing an online survey which will be open to the whole community to give us their ideas. We aim to make it available in time for the upcoming school holidays so locals and visitors can get involved.
- We are preparing a survey to obtain community feedback on what improvements are needed at boating and fishing facilities in Eurobodalla.
- The survey will be available to all residents, visitors and other stakeholders for a four-week period coming up soon.
- We approached locals and visitors to complete a quick questionnaire at five popular boat ramps on Easter Saturday.
- We wanted to catch people using the facilities during the peak period.
- We asked boaties to score their satisfaction levels for the facilities and to identify any areas needing improvement.
- People were happy to participate and we received some useful feedback.
- The questionnaire will help us create a more extensive survey, open to the whole community later in the year.
- During 2018 and 2019 we visited various boat ramps during peak, shoulder and off peak periods to gain an overall view of boat ramp usage throughout the year.
- The survey counted boat launches, smaller craft use and parking availability.
For more information, please contact Rob Burke, our Asset Engineer, Infrastructure Services:
- T: 02 4474 1339
- E: Rob Burke