Mogo Oval playground upgrade
Project: Reclassify Mogo Oval from a sports park to a recreation park and upgrade recreation facilities
- The annual playground renewal allocation in Council’s Operational Plan
- Recreation and Open Space Strategy funding for Action N2
Timing: April to August 2019
We are carrying out the Recreation and Open Space Strategy 2018 Action N2, which recommends:
- Reclassify Mogo Sporting Oval into from a Local Sports Park into a Local Recreation Park. Consult with the Mogo community on the design and layout requirements of the following upgraded recreation assets:
- playground equipment
- covered picnic tables.
We have consulted with the Mogo community to help us design this recreation focal point for the village. Consultations included the school, Local Aboriginal Land Council and Aboriginal Elders. As a result, the upgraded park will acknowledge the Aboriginal history and resident population in the area with elements of Aboriginal art and culture.
We are replacing the existing swing set with new playground equipment that includes a climbing frame, slide, spinning carousels and swings. We are installing new picnic tables and a large picnic shelter as well as a new barbecue.
We are also adding a yarning circle and a local artist will be painting a mural on the existing toilet block.
We will finish off the site upgrade with some landscaping.
The new facilities will give residents a place to gather as well as offering a relaxing rest stop for visitors and travellers.
- Official community opening - 8 August
- Barbeque installed
- Play equipment installed
- Picinic tables installed
- Mural works begin
- Groundworks completed
- Playground closes and groundwork begins after the Easter school holidays