EKEN Memorandum of Understanding
In 2016 Eurobodalla Shire Council and the Eurobodalla Koori Employees Network (EKEN) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the annual NAIDOC Week celebrations in Eurobodalla. NAIDOC Week festivities are held annually across Australia in July to recognise the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The intent of the MoU is to have a formal agreement in place addressing responsibilities for EKEN and Eurobodalla Shire Council in relation to networking in partnerships for annual NAIDOC Week celebrations.
The MoU aims to:
- provide clarity for both parties in relation to responsibilities
- establish administrative arrangements
- ensure that relevant laws and legislation are adhered to
- ensure good communication processes are maintained
- provide a framework for a strong partnership approach.
The MoU is reviewed every twelve months. Through this MoU both parties commit themselves to form a close working relationship to provide quality NAIDOC Week activities.
For more information please contact Council's Community Development Coordinator, Zoe Morgan:
- T: 4474 7470
- E: Zoe Morgan