The Bas open from Saturday 4 July 2020
The Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre will reopen to the public and recommence the 2020 exhibition program with safety measures in place to help slow the spread of coronavirus.
Council will continue to follow the NSW Premier's advice, including systematically but cautiously reopening Council's public facilities.
For everyone's safety please follow these rules when visiting the Bas:
- enter via Moruya Library
- visitor numbers are limited to 10 patrons at a time
- patrons must check their temperature using the scanners at the entry points. Entry will be declined to those registering a temperature indicating presence of a fever as set out in the guidelines published by NSW Health
- provide identification and contact details to library staff. Confidential records will be kept 28 days for COVID-19 contract tracing
- hand sanitiser is available at entry points
- allow for a distance of 1.5 metres from other visitors and staff to comply with social distancing protocol
- visits are restricted to a maximum of 30 minutes.
About the Bas
The Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre (the Bas) is Eurobodalla's first purpose-built exhibition space. Adjoining Moruya Library, the Bas was constructed to meet the growing needs of the local arts community.
The Bas is named after Mr Basil Sellers AM for his significant contribution to the arts in Eurobodalla. Mr Sellers provided a substantial donation for the construction of the exhibition centre, and has a passionate commitment to the perpetual growth of the community’s perception, understanding of, and engagement in art. Basil Sellers is also the patron to Council’s Basil Sellers Art Prize and Little Sellers Art Prize.
The Bas celebrates local and national visual art and contemporary culture for the enjoyment and benefit of all who live and work in Eurobodalla or visit the areas.
- Visit the official Bas website.
Become a Bas member
Show your support of the Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre with an annual membership. Member benefits include subscription to our quarterly newsletter with updates and sponsor offers, personalised invitations to exhibition and event programs and discounts on selected workshops, events and prize entry fees.
2020 annual membership fee prices:
- Single $25
- Family $35
- Students $15
Find out more about membership and corporate partnership opportunities:
Volunteer at the Bas
Volunteers support is essential to the daily operations of the gallery space. We count on our volunteer team to assist with gallery duties, public programs and special events.
If you are looking to connect with a vibrant arts community, possess excellent customer service skills and a passion for the arts and can offer two to four hours per week, volunteering might be the role for you.
Find out more and apply for volunteering opportunities: