Little Sellers Art Prize
The Little Sellers Art Prize is an annual competition for budding local artists aged 5 to 18. Entrants are asked to create an artwork that reflects a theme, interpreting it in a way that is meaningful to them while demonstrating creativity and imagination.
The theme for this year's competition was 'North, south, east, west...' with entries in four age categories.
Congratulations to all of our entrants and winners for this year! Category winners and finalists were announced on Thursday 29 October, 2020.
The finalists and winners' artwork - along with the video announcing our winners - is available to view on the Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre website.
Congratulations! The three major prize winner's artwork will be acquired by Council and form part of our permanent collection.
- Major prize winner: Courtni Whittaker for 'Different Places to See and Go'
Chosen from the four category winners, the overall winner of the Little Sellers Art Prize received $200 from art collector, patron and philanthropist Mr Basil Sellers AM.
- Eurobodalla Children's Award winner: Iona Lola Kelly for 'Travels in the Mind'
For artists under 12 years, this award offered a prize of $75.
- Eurobodalla Youth Award Winner: Makadde Ethell for 'The Adventurer's Compass'
For ages 12 to 18 years, this award offered a prize of $75.
Age category winners and finalists
Each category winner received a $50 voucher to art supply store Amanda's of Mogo, and runners-up received $30 vouchers.
Ages 5 to 8:
- Winner: Millie Forrest
- Runner up: Isabella Mayar
- Finalists: Harry Baggs, Tayah Constable, Ripley Van Dyk and Daniel Jamieson.
Ages 9 to 12:
- Winner: Indiana Sale
- Runner up: Tahj Dimmer
- Finalists: Brooke Knox, Amelia Brennan, Pippa Schwarz, Casey-Jade Griffiths, Sajali Premawardhana and Iona Lola Kelly.
Ages 13 to 15:
- Winner: Courtni Whittaker
- Runner up: Raphaella Herford
- Finalists: JayJay Inwards, Tayah Boyd, Caleb Sparks and Amelie Murphy.
Ages 16 to 18:
- Winner: Kody Jeffrey
- Runner up: Catalina Gomez
- Finalists: Madeline Mitchell and Makadde Ethell.
For more information contact Creative Arts Coordinator Indira Carmichael:
- T: 4474 1061
- E: Indira Carmichael
Little Sellers Art Prize 2020 winning artwork by Courtni Whittaker titled 'Different Places to See and Go'.