Little Sellers Art Prize
The Little Sellers Art Prize is an annual competition for budding local artists aged 5 to 18, with four age categories.
Entrants are asked to create an artwork that reflects a theme, interpreting it in a way that is meaningful to them while demonstrating creativity and imagination.
2019 competition results
The theme for 2019was: 'I can...'
Congratulations to our 2019 winners, announced by Mayor Liz Innes at a ceremony on Thursday 26 September. Each category winner received a $50 voucher to art supply store Amanda's of Mogo, and runners-up received $30 vouchers.
5 to 8 years
- Winner - Lucy Bain, I Can Catch Snowflakes
- Runner-up - Hunter Petrella, The Flower Park
9 to 12 years
- Winner - Tahj Dimmer, I Can Terrify
- Runner-up - Eva Young, I Can Imagine
13 to 15 years
- Winner - Ruby Muller, I Can Do Anything My Mind's Eye Sees
- Runner-up - Golden Carmichael, Eye Can See
16 to 18 years
- Winner - Josephine Muller, I Can Choose My Journey
- Runner-up - Damie O'Loughlin, I Can Lose Myself
Six finalists from each category will have have their work framed and exhibited in Eurobodalla's libraries in October 2019.
Major prize winners
The artwork from the three major prize winners will form a part of Council's permanent collection:
- Tahj Dimmer took home the title of Overall Winner of the 2019 Little Sellers Art Prize for his work 'I Can Terrify". Tahj received $200 for his efforts from art collector, patron and philanthropist Basil Sellers.
- Lucy Bain received $75 in prize money and this year's Eurobodalla Council Children's Services Award for artists 12 years or younger for her artwork 'I Can Catch Snowflakes'.
- Golden Carmichael's 'Eye Can See' impressed the judges who awarded her with $75 in prize money and the Eurobodalla Council Youth Award.
Congratulations to all of our finalists for their eye catching work!
For more information contact Indira Carmichael Coordinator Creative Arts:
- T: 4474 1061
- E: Indira Carmichael
Moruya artist Tahj Dimmer with his winning entry for the 2019 Little Sellers Art Prize, 'I Can Terrify'.