Conditions of entry
Budding Artists between the ages of 5 and 18 are invited to submit an artwork for the Eurobodalla Shire Council’s Little Sellers Art Prize 2020.
Each year participants are encouraged to creatively interpret a theme through their artwork in a way that is meaningful to them. This year's theme is 'North, south, east and west...'.
There are four age categories:
- ages 5 - 8
- ages 9 - 12
- ages 13 - 15
- ages 16 - 18
Six finalists from each category will have their work framed and exhibited at the Eurbodalla libraries between 20 October and 6 November, 2020.
The winner of each category will receive a $50 art voucher to Amanda’s of Mogo artist suppliers.Each Runner up will receive a $30 art voucher to Amanda’s of Mogo artist suppliers.
The overall winner of the Little Sellers Art Prize, chosen from the category winners, will receive $200 from art collector, patron and philanthropist Basil Sellers AM.
In addition all entries will be in the running to win:
- Eurobodalla Children’s Award of $75 (for entrants aged 5 to 12 years)
- Eurobodalla Youth Award of $75 (for entrants aged 13 to 18 years)
The three major prizes will be acquired by Council and form part of the permanent collection.
For your entry to be considered for judging please ensure your artwork;
- is your original work,
- does not exceed A3 size, (420mm x 297mm), presented in landscape or portrait layout,
- is two dimensional, so it can be framed for exhibition if selected as a finalist,
- is presented on a reasonable quality of paper, (printing paper or similar is not suitable) and
- is clearly labelled on the back of the piece, with your name, age, address, phone number, title of work and direction the picture should be displayed (ensure labelling is not visible from the front of the art work).
Artists can enter only one artwork in the competition. Work can include digital drawings, but photographs will not be accepted.
Entrants must agree to their artwork appearing in print and digital media for promotional purposes and in documents recording arts activities in Eurobodalla.
How to enter
- Download your entry form, or pick one up from your school or local library.
- Complete the entry form, including the title of the work.
- Ensure your form is signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Your artwork should be sent flat. We will not be able to frame work that has been rolled or folded. We suggest placing your artwork between two pieces of cardboard.
- Council will take due care of artworks submitted to the Little Sellers Art Prize, but can take no responsibility for any loss or damage to an artwork entry whilst in custody or transit.
- If you would like your artwork returned to you, please enclose a stamped self-address envelope of an appropriate size.
- Return your entry:
- In person to one of the Eurobodalla libraries or Council's Administration Building at Vulcan Street, Moruya or
- By post to:
The Little Sellers Art Prize, c/o Indi Carmichael
Eurobodalla Shire Council,
PO Box 99
Moruya, NSW 2537
- Six finalists will be chosen from each category.
- Finalists will be contacted in the week following the close of judging.
- Due to the expected number of entries, only finalists will be notified. If you are not contacted in the week after close of judging, your entry has not been successful this year.
- Entries will be judged on merit, originality and artistic interpretation of the theme ‘I Can....’
- Chance plays no part in the selection of the winners.
- One winner and one runner up will be chosen from the finalists of each category.
- The winners of the Eurobodalla Children’s and Eurobodalla Youth awards will be chosen from the finalists.
- Entries open: Monday 16 March, 2020
- Entries close: Friday 10 August, 2020 at 4.30pm
- Judging period: 17 to 21 August, 2020
- Finalists notified by mail: from 24 August, 2020
- Winners announced: Thursday 15 October, 2020 at 10am
- Exhibition: from Tuesday 20 October to Friday 6 November, 2020
For more information
To find out more contact Council's Coordinator of Creative Arts, Indi Carmichael:
- T: 4474 1061
- E: Indira Carmichael