In an emergency:
- Phone 000 (triple zero)
- On mobile phones, phone 112
- People with hearing or speech impairment, phone 106
For information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
NSW Health are the lead agency for coronavirus. The scale of the pandemic means managing this incident is now being led by the State Emergency Operations Centre (SEOC). The SEOC is supported by the Regional Emergency Operations Centre and the Eurobodalla Local Emergency Operations Centre.
For health information, statistics and resources:
- NSW Health: information and updates about coronavirus COVID-19
- Australian Department of Health: information and updates about coronavirus COVID-19
- National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080 for information about coronavirus COVID-19, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
For updates and advice/instructions for the community and businesses:
- Eurobodalla Council: updates about our services and local facilities
- Southern NSW Local Health District's facebook page: information and updates for Southern NSW
- NSW Government: advice and information for NSW communities and businesses
- Australian Government: federal advice and information, compiled on the Australian Department of Health website
- Australian Treasury: economic response and support for businesses
For storm and flood information
The NSW State Emergency Services (SES) is the lead combat agency for flood, coastal inundation, tsunami and storms. Should an event require a coordinated multi-agency response, the Eurobodalla Local Emergency Operation Centre (ELEOC) may be enacted either by the SES or the Local Operations Controller (NSW Police) to assist. The ELEOC is supported by the Regional Emergency Operations Centre and/or the Regional Emergency Management Officer, and if needed, the State EOC.
- For emergency help in a flood or storm phone the SES: 13 25 00
- Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) warnings
- BOM Facebook and BOM Twitter
- ABC South East radio on 103.5 FM or 810 AM
- For road closures: livetraffic.com
- For information about preparing for floods and storms: NSW SES
Many roads throughout Eurobodalla can flood with little warning and local roads may be closed without notice.
- Do not enter flood waters and do expect low lying areas to be impassable.
- For issues with roads, water or sewerage call Council on 4474 1391 or after hours on 1800 755 760.
- To report electrical power line hazards phone Essential Energy immediately on 13 20 80. For information on blackouts or power restoration visit Essential Energy power outages
For bushfire information
The NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) is the lead combat agency for bushfire. Should an event require a coordinated multi-agency response, the Eurobodalla Local Emergency Operation Centre may be enacted either by the RFS or the Local Operations Controller (NSW Police) to assist. The ELEOC is supported by the Regional Emergency Operations Centre and/or the Regional Emergency Management Officer, and if needed, the State EOC.
- RFS Fires Near Me webpage or app
- Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737
- ABC South East radio on 103.5 FM or 810 AM
- NSW RFS Facebook and NSW RFS Twitter
- Eurobodalla Council Facebook (official updates from the Eurobodalla Emergency Operations Centre)
- Emergency Operations Centre updates (official updates from the Eurobodalla Emergency Operations Centre)
- Recovery updates including financial assistance, clean-up information and Recovery Centre services
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact the RFS through the National Relay Service
- TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 679 737
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 679 737
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 679 737
- To report a fire or emergency (TTY users only), access TTY 106
The NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) is the fire authority and should be your first point of contact for information.
In an emergency, you should monitor conditions and know what you will do and when, including for your animals and pets. If your plan is to relocate before you are under threat then leaving early is the safest option.
- If there is a recommendation for people to relocate, the lead agency will issue relevant messages.
- Messages will include information about evacuation methods, timing and evacuation centre locations.
- The best option is to stay with family or friends in areas outside the threat area.
- Evacuation centres are not nominated prior to an emergency. From potential sites across Eurobodalla, the lead agency will determine evacuation centres suitable for the emergency situation.
- In rare cases the lead agency may issue an evacuation order. If a decision is made to evacuate, the lead agency will issue relevant messages.
For disaster recovery assistance
- Phone Disaster Welfare Services on 1800 018 444
- Visit the NSW Office of Emergency Management website
- Use the Service NSW disaster assistance finder
Current local road closures
Eurobodalla Road, Eurobodalla
- closed at Murphy Bridge
Last updated: 07 Jul 2020
For information on highway closures visit Live Traffic
To report concerns about local roads, waterways, bridges, sports fields or other related matters, please phone:
- Moruya Depot: 4474 1391
- after hours: 1800 755 760
To report a concern about the Princes Highway or the Kings Highway, phone the NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS):
- Roads and Maritime Services: 131 700
If you are travelling outside the area, you can check traffic hazard updates at NSW Live Traffic.
- To report a shark sighting or attack please phone the local NSW Police on 4472 0099.