In NSW, local councils are not medical authorities, so it is important to get information about COVID-19 from NSW Health (including the Southern NSW Local Health District) and the NSW Premier.
- Similarly, decisions relating to business and border restrictions will be made by the NSW and Commonwealth governments.
- Links to relevant websites are available on this page, along with information about Council services and facilities.
- Eurobodalla Council is following the NSW Premier's advice about COVID-19 safety. We will continue to review opening or closing facilities in line with that evolving advice - with the aim of maintaining a balance of community safety and social wellbeing.
More information about COVID-19
- Southern NSW Local Health District: latest announcements and media releases
- Southern NSW Local Health District facebook page: local case updates and advice
- NSW Health: Daily COVID-19 update
- NSW Government: What you can and can't do under the rules
Information about Council services
Essential services such as household bin collection, water, sewer, and most administrative services are operating as usual.
These facilities remain closed for now:
- Batemans Bay Visitor Information Centre is closed until further notice
- Dr Mackay Centre at Moruya remains closed to the public
- Moruya swimming pool is closed for the winter season
- Batemans Bay swimming pool is closed for the construction of the new aquatic, arts and leisure centre.
You can carry out most of your Council business with us online or over the phone. If you need to talk to a particular staff member or service, please contact them directly or phone us on 4474 1000. This is because some staff members are working offsite and will not be available in person at Council facilities.
Council services available online or over the phone
Rates, water, bins:
- Check your rates notices
- Pay your rates or water bill online using BPay or with your credit card over the phone: 13 18 16
- Request a replacement for missing or damaged household bins, or additional bins: 4474 1024
- Report a missed bin collection: 4474 8333
Apply for something:
- Apply for grants
- Apply for water rebates
- View and submit tenders
- Apply for jobs at Council
- Find the application form you need
For local businesses:
Development and planning:
- Apply for planning certificates and Development Applications
- Track your Development Application
- Ask us your planning questions: 4474 1231
- Register for the NSW clean-up program through Service NSW
- Apply for financial assistance via Service NSW
- Apply for the Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Fund grant
- Apply for the Development Application (DA) Fee Rebate for bushfire rebuilds
- Use the Service NSW disaster assistance finder for other support
- Find out about clean-up schedules on the NSW Bushfire Clean-Up Info Hub
- Find mental health support options through Coordinare's dedicated website
- Find out about rebuilding and repairing after bushfire
- Use the click and collect (takeaway) service
- Use online resources and research databases
- Borrow e-books and audiobooks on your device
- Watch weekly children's storytime videos read by Library staff
Council facilities open or closed status
Our administrative building at Moruya is open with extra safety precautions, including temperature scanners on entry and limited staff available at the front counter.
Please do not visit Council facilities if you:
- are unwell or have recently visited a declared COVID-19 hotspot
- can carry out your business with us online or over the phone.
- Closed: Batemans Bay Visitor Information Centre
- Closed: Dr Mackay Community Centre at Moruya
- Closed: Moruya swimming pool is closed for the winter season
- Closed: Batemans Bay swimming pool is closed for the construction of a new aquatic, arts and leisure centre.
Open - Customer service facilities
- Open: Our administration building at Moruya is open with additional safety measures:
- Please don't visit if you are unwell, or if you can carry out your business with us online or over the phone.
- Please do not visit if you have recently visited Victoria, or declared Covid-19 hotspots in Sydney
- Visitors should sanitise hands on arrival, use card only for payments if possible, not touch the counters, stand behind the lines marked on the floor.
- As a safety measure to limit contact, only customer service staff will be available at the front counter for the time being.
- Development Assessment Planners, Building Surveyors and Development Engineers will not be available for in-person counter enquires. Please continue to use online and phone services to contact these staff.
- Open: Council depots at Batemans Bay, Moruya, and Narooma
- Open: Surf Beach, Moruya, and Brou waste management facilities
- Open: Batemans Bay, Moruya, and Narooma libraries:
Open - Leisure and recreation facilities
- Open: Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma Out of School Hours care centres
- Open: Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre at Moruya
- Open: Community halls and stadiums
- Open: Youth cafés at Moruya and Narooma
- Open: Narooma Swimming Pool
- Open: Parks and playgrounds
- Open: Picnic tables
- Open: Outdoor exercise equipment
- Open: Skateparks
- Open: Fish cleaning tables at boat ramps
- Open: Campgrounds at North Head Moruya, Dalmeny and Mystery Bay, and Batemans Bay Beach Resort are open
- Open: Parks and sporting fields are open for non-contact training and to people adhering to the current NSW Government guideline of no more than 20 people in a gathering
- Open: Council tennis courts are available for groups of up to 20 people adhering to the NSW public health orders and Tennis NSW COVID-19 Community Play guidelines
- Tennis clubhouses can open upon submission of approved COVID-19 Safety Plan
Non-essential group services on hold
- Our community transport service continues for local travel appointments and essential medical transport, with additional precautions, but social and group outings are on hold for now.
- Group-based services for community care clients are on hold.
- Our core aged care and NDIS services continue to operate, providing essential services to vulnerable community members.
- COVID-19 has changed the way Council meetings are conducted for now:
- Council meetings are being held on video chat software and webcast online. Find out how to join or watch on our Council Meetings page.
- Public access sessions are held using web chat software. Visit our public access sessions page for dates and how to participate.
- You can still contact councillors by phone or email.
2020 local government elections postponed
- The NSW local government election was due to be held in September 2020.
- In response to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, the NSW Government has postponed the local government elections until September 2021.
What else Council is doing
The safety and wellbeing of our community and staff is always Council’s number one priority. We are closed some public facilities and Council offices, those that remain open have additional safety measures for customers and staff:
- Some Council staff have returned to office work areas, some staff members that can work remotely or from home are being supported to continue this arrangement
- Staff at Council work places continue to practice social distancing in all work areas
- We have asked our staff still attending work areas to remain home if they are unwell or have recently visited Victoria or declared COVID-19 hotspots in Sydney
- As a safety measure to limit contact, for the time being only customer service staff will be available at the front counter of our Moruya administration building
- We have increased disinfectant cleaning at our main offices and facilities
- Public toilet cleaning schedules continue unchanged. We don’t supply soap dispensers in public toilets because of the cost of frequent vandalism. Please use your personal hand sanitiser.
Please take your information and advice from government health authorities.
For health information, statistics and resources
- NSW Health: information and updates about coronavirus COVID-19
- NSW Health: Daily COVID-19 update
- Australian Department of Health: information and updates about coronavirus COVID-19
For updates and advice/instructions
- Southern NSW Local Health District's facebook page: information and updates for Southern NSW
- NSW Government: what you can and can't do
- Australian Government: announcements compiled on the Australian Department of Health website
For financial support
- Australian Treasury: support for businesses and households
- Service NSW: help for NSW small businesses
Related updates from Council
Council has an obligation to maintain business continuity and provide services to the community. We take this very seriously and have plans in place to keep ourselves healthy, and to take care of our team mates who do become unwell or need to self-isolate. For now, it’s mostly business as usual - with the extra precautions outlined on this page.
Here are our recent updates and announcements related to the coronavirus COVID-19.
- 3 August 2020: More time to pay Council rates
- 20 July 2020: Council facilities close temporarily in response to COVID-19
- 20 July 2020: Eight COVID-19 cases connected to Batemans Bay
- 10 July 2020: Resilient artists set for spring brush up
- 29 May 2020: Playgrounds and customer areas opening up
- 21 May 2020: Capturing our share of visitors
- 16 May 2020: Playground closures explained
- 15 May 2020: COVID-19 caution continues
- 12 May 2020: New wayfinding signs not lost on tourists
- 12 May 2020: Nelligen Wharf closes for facelift
- 5 May 2020: Click and collect returns to libraries next week
- 1 May 2020: Off-season beach access for dogs from today
- 29 April 2020: Extra helping for food businesses
- 28 April 2020: Rethinking restrictions to help the environment
- 28 April 2020: Youth zoom to catch-up online
- 28 April 2020: Sunday tip day
- 9 April 2020: Distanced youth connect online for a week of celebration
- 1 April 2020: Click and collect out, online in
- 31 March 2020: Solar is a safe bet
- 27 March 2020: Business as usual, minus the visits
- 27 March 2020: Change to waste services in response to COVID-19
- 26 March 2020: Council elections postponed to reduce the risk of COVID-19
- 24 March 2020: Council’s doors open, for now
- 24 March 2020: Borrowers click and collect to slow corona
- 24 March 2020: Mayor says no to coastal retreats
- 20 March 2020: Recovery Centres remain open, reduced hours
- 20 March 2020: Airport fees reduced for Rex Airlines