Bushfire inquiries and Eurobodalla Council submissions
NSW Bushfire Inquiry
The NSW Government has commissioned an independent expert inquiry into the 2019-20 bushfire season to provide input to NSW ahead of the next bushfire season.
The Inquiry is to consider and report to the Premier on causes and factors contributing to the bushfires, preparation and response by agencies, and planning for future bushfire threats.
- NSW Independent Bushfire Inquiry website
- Eurobodalla Shire Council's submission to the NSW Bushfire Inquiry (449KB)
All of Council’s submissions to the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements have also been provided to the NSW Bushfire Inquiry.
Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements
The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements was established on 20 February 2020 in response to the extreme bushfire season of 2019-20 which resulted in loss of life, property and wildlife, and environmental destruction.
The Commission will examine coordination, preparedness for, response to and recovery from disasters as well as improving resilience and adapting to changing climatic conditions and mitigating the impact of natural disasters. The inquiry will also consider the legal framework for Commonwealth involvement in responding to national emergencies.
The Commission will draw information from a variety of sources, including public submissions and hearings. Eurobodalla Council received a Notice and Summons to Give Information to the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements, our submissions are available to read here:
- Notice of Motion: 19-012 Bushfire Fuel Reduction Protocols - Eurobodalla Shire Council meeting - 10 December 2019 (259.4 KB)
- Minutes for Notice of Motion: 19-012 Bushfire Fuel Reduction Protocols - Eurobodalla Shire Council meeting - 10 December 2019 (411.4 KB)
- Eurobodalla Council response to summons - 29 April 2020 (925.9 KB)
- Eurobodalla Council response to summons - 4 May 2020 (1.2 MB)
- Eurobodalla Council response to summons - key documents 4 May 2020 (2.0 MB)
- Warren Sharpe Submission NND.001.00133 - 27 March 2020 (81.8 KB)
- Submission to the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements NTG-HB3-611 - 19 June 2020 (831.4 KB)
- Response to Issues Paper - 22 June 2020 (5.8 MB)
2019-20 Bushfire History Project
The Royal Commission into the National Natural Disaster Arrangements has launched this initiative as an opportunity for people to record their personal experience and share photos and videos taken during the 2019-20 bushfires or the ongoing recovery. The material received by the Royal Commission will form part of the official records of the Royal Commission.