Dogs on beaches and exercise areas
We recognise the important role companion animals play in our society, but there are a few rules in place to make sure that dogs are responsibly exercised on Eurobodalla Shire beaches.
In Eurobodalla, there are three types of dog access areas:
- 24-hour off-leash
Beaches with timeshare arrangements mean that:
- From 1 May to 31 October: dogs are allowed on the beach any time.
- From 1 November to 30 April:
- Dogs are allowed on or off-leash before 9am and after 5pm.
- Dogs are prohibited during the day from 9am at 5pm.
Dogs must remain leashed until you get to the designated off-leash exercise area.
Animals must always be under the care and control of a competent person.
Trial of dog training area at Hanging Rock
At its Ordinary meeting on 23 October 2018, Councillors adopted the Companion Animal Management Plan 2018, which allows for a six-month trial dog training area at Hanging Rock (effective from 23 October 2018) on Mondays between 3pm to 7pm.
The trial will enable Council to substantiate the need, and community support, and usage, for a dedicated off-leash training dog park in Batemans Bay.
Public liability insurance may be required.
For more information or for bookings and payment for usage of area, please contact our bookings officer from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday:
- T: 02 4472 3153
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaches and exercise area maps by location
You can view details of local beaches where you can exercise your dog by selecting an area in this list, or you can download a printable, one-page list.
All beaches and exercise areas have signs posted to indicate where dogs are allowed and not allowed.
Maps by location
North Batemans Bay and surrounds
- South Durras (South Durras Beach and Cookies Beach)
- Long Beach and Maloneys Beach
- Surfside (Surfside Beach and Myamba Parade Beach)
Batemans Bay and surrounds
- Hanging Rock and Corrigans North
- Batehaven (Corrigans Beach)
- Caseys Beach
- Sunshine Bay
- Denhams Beach
- Surf Beach
- Surf Beach Reserve
- Wimbie Beach
Malua Bay and surrounds
- Circuit Beach
- Lilli Pilli Beach
- Mosquito Bay
- Garden Bay
- Malua Bay (Malua Bay Beach and Malua Bay Reserve)
- Pretty Point and McKenzies Beach
- Rosedale (North Rosedale Beach and Rosedale Main Beach)
- Guerilla Bay (Stoney Beach and Guerilla Bay Main Beach)
Broulee and surrounds
- Tomakin (Barlings Beach, Tomakin Cove, Tomaga River Beach)
- Broulee (Broulee Main Beach, Candlagan Creek)
- South Broulee (South Broulee Beach and Shark Bay)
Moruya and surrounds
Tuross and surrounds
Narooma and surrounds
We can help you
For all enquiries relating to dogs on beaches and exercise areas, please contact Council's Rangers on:
- T: 02 4474 1019
- E: Council's Rangers.