Eurobodalla Destination Action Plan
Eurobodalla Destination Action Plan 2018 to 2021
The Eurobodalla Destination Action Plan 2018 to 2021 was adopted by Council on 31 July 2018 which will guide the cooperative efforts of Council and industry to manage and grow Eurobodalla's visitor economy. A bold aim of the Plan is to increase visitor expenditure and overnight visitor stays by 25 per cent by 2021 and to encourage visitor dispersal throughout the year and across the Shire. The Plan identifies eight priority areas and associated actions to be implemented over the next four years to 2021 by Council in partnership with industry to achieve this aim.
Important strategic initiatives of the plan include developing a:
- Tourism Brand Review & Creative Marketing Strategy to guide future marketing initiatives
- New Events Strategy that identifies strategies and actions to procure and support events to increase visitation expenditure across the year
- Nature Based Tourism Strategy that identifies catalyst infrastructure and product and experience development projects that could realistically be pursued to enhance and better position Eurobodalla as significant nature-based tourism destination on the South Coast
- Tourism & Wayfinding Signage Strategy that aligns with findings of the Brand Review and Marketing Strategy to create distinctive and innovative signage and visitor information displays at key tourism attractions; key transport hubs & gateway locations; and promotes diversity of experiences within the destination
- Visitor Information Services Strategy that identifies the best model for the delivery of visitor information services in Batemans Bay as part of the Mackay Park Precinct project
- Destination Research Framework to evaluate and analyse: TRA visitation data, consumer research to evaluate visitor perceptions of Eurobodalla; a Visitor Survey to be administered regularly at key locations across Eurobodalla to better understand visitor profiles, activities and satisfaction; and visitation data from key tourist attractions and businesses in Eurobodalla.
Read more about our recent work: