Current major campaigns
Unspoilt is a campaign organised by the South Coast Regional Tourism Organisation that aims to highlight the region's unspoilt rare and natural beauty.
The first year of the campaign saw it being awarded top honours at the 2015 NSW Tourism Awards.
The campaign features people enjoying outdoor activities in the Unspoilt landscape and has been particularly successful in the Sydney and Canberra target markets.
In 2018, the Unspoilt campaign has partnered with highly searched Trip Advisor. Download the toolkit to find out how you can join in and be part of this extremely influential marketing channel.
Eurobodalla Holiday Guide
The annual Holiday Guide is our premium visitor information magazine. It is the major promotional tool used to sell our region to prospective visitors locally and across key markets in Australia. The Holiday Guide is distributed across NSW and key outlets in other states by visitor information centres and travel specialists, and locally through selected business outlets including the visitor information centres at Batemans Bay and Narooma.
Over 60,000 copies are distributed locally to many areas of high volume traffic such as cafes, shopping centres, restaurants, petrol stations, attractions, clubs, accommodation, and as well as selected Visitor Centres throughout NSW, ACT & VIC.
The Holiday Guide features things to do, suggestions for holiday itineraries, maps, accommodation, tours, cafes and restaurants, and activities for kids. It also features stunning imagery and stories that showcase the very best of Eurobodalla and its attractions, natural landscape and wildlife.
The Eurobodalla Holiday Guide is currently under review.
For general information on the annual Holiday Guide project please email Lysanne Cameron.
Promotions and opportunities
We offer opportunities throughout the year to help build relationships with a range of local tourism businesses.
Offers to join in tactical campaigns and other promotions are designed to raise awareness for Eurobodalla with our target markets. Featuring products and services helps us present our destination and showcase the many exciting products, services and activities available.
Most of our opportunities are absolutely free and are communicated through our monthly industry newsletter. Subscribe here to receive regular updates.
Gift vouchers - Always On
Our Gift Voucher campaign runs all year round and is open for submissions now.
Our objectives are:
- Present shoppers with an easy and seamless experience when they are comparing and purchasing gift vouchers on www.eurobodalla.com.au
- Generate leads and maximise opportunity for sales conversion for our partner businesses
- Build awareness of the range of tourism product in Eurobodalla
Criteria and what we need from you
Only businesses operating within the Eurobodalla Shire can apply.
To be eligible for a listing we need your promotional voucher to be available to purchase online on your website.
Submissions should be emailed to Lysanne.Cameron@esc.nsw.gov.au and include the following:
- Your business contact details for publication
- Title - short catchy title for your voucher deal
- Description – a short explanation of your gift voucher. Include a lead-in price if possible.
- Validity dates and any special conditions – you can make you offer available for a limited time or make it available all year. Include any Promotional Codes required for discount redemptions.
- Two clear, high quality images in landscape orientation minimum 2mb for use on web, digital and social media.
- URL for a BUY NOW button which connects customers to your gift voucher booking and payment system
Example gift voucher listing
Below: The short listing appears on the Gift Voucher landing page and includes a brief product description
Below: The detail listing opens with a click through from the short listing. It includes the full details of the Gift Voucher including Promotional Codes, the call to action BUY NOW button, and direct business contact details
Below: The BUY NOW button links customer to the business online sales page
Accessible holiday initiative
Council is committed to promoting Eurobodalla as an accessible tourism destination that is welcoming and inclusive of people of all ages and abilities.
In Australia, it is estimated that 4.2 million people (18.5% of the population) have one of more disabilities (ABS 2012). Of this group 88% take a holiday each year. The number of people with a disability (who have access requirements) increases to 35% when you include people with temporary disabilities resulting from injury or illness. The number of people seeking accessible holidays is even bigger when you add people affected by disability including family and friends, seniors with restricted mobility and parents with young children.
Accessible tourism is supported by Council's Good Access means Good Business program which provides information and support to businesses working towards improving accessibility and we encourage you to look at the resources available.
We are offering a free listing on planned new Accessible Tourism web pages on www.eurobodalla.com.au. The objective is to create a consumer resource to promote accessible holiday itineraries, accommodation, eating out, attractions and activities and, in the long term, create a specific accessible holiday campaign to drive traffic to the web pages and to the businesses taking part.
For your business to be included on the new web pages you must have a genuine accessible offering. You will need to provide a web link/ URL to a specific webpage on your website that provides relevant and detailed information and appropriate photos about accessibility. This page must comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and there is plenty of information available on the web about these (see under Useful Links and Information, below).
Please note that while we are not specifically seeking specific deals or offers, we may run campaigns in the future and ask businesses to create specific promotional offers.
We expect that phone contact will be the preferred method of customer conversion from these pages, so you should consider how all your staff will be able to provide suitable customer service and information about accessibility in the area (this information will be on our website and we will build it up over time).
What we need from you
- Live link to your specific accessibility webpage
- A well written 100 word description of your product, service or experience which will get people clicking thought to your webpage
- One image landscape orientation minimum 2mb for the web listing on eurobodalla.com.au and for use in digital and social activities
- Video content (optional)
- An ATDW listing (for eligible tourism businesses)
Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)
ATDW now have 'inclusive' information fields for accessibility. Log on to your ATDW (Get Connected) console and include this information so that this information is displayed on your listing on www.visitNSW.com and www.eurobodalla.com.au
If you have an accommodation business with accessible features or facilities, update your ATDW listing to get your business featured under our Where To Stay - Accessible accommodation pages. Contact Lysanne.Cameron@esc.nsw.gov.au for more information or to nominate your business.
Useful links and information
Tourism Victoria have some excellent resources about accessible tourism and how to develop your web content.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are mandatory standards that all government websites must comply with. Private businesses can adopt these guidelines to improve web content. There are several accessibility checking tools on offer that can review and report on various accessibility aspects of your web pages.
Many Eurobodalla businesses target the Weddings market and we are creating an online weddings hub to support these businesses.
We will use the hub on www.eurobodalla.com.au to raise awareness and interest in Eurobodalla as a wedding destination.
Attracting more weddings to Eurobodalla can help grow our local economy. This will benefit tourism operators and other business sectors.
The weddings target market includes:
- brides and grooms
- wedding party attendants
- families, friends, and their guests
The hub aims to present Eurobodalla as a desirable wedding and honeymoon destination. To achieve this we will create relevant, quality information for visitors to www.eurobodalla.com.au
Any business working in the wedding market can submit content for the wedding hub.
There are three business categories:
- Associated products and services
- Accommodation (must have a live Australian Tourism Data Warehouse listing)
To participate you must have an eligible business or service operating within Eurobodalla shire boundaries and make a submission for inclusion. We will only publish relevant content that can meet our criteria and supports the objectives of the hub.
Eligible business types
- clubs and pubs
- accommodation with onsite conference facilities
- indoor or outdoor spaces suitable for hosting a wedding or similar function
Any Eurobodalla venue that is targeting the wedding market can make a submission.
Associated products and services
Examples of associated products and services include;
- hair and beauty salons
- specialty gifts and jewellers
- activities, tours, attractions
- wedding planners
- caterers and hire
- cake makers and decorators
Any product or service provider targeting the wedding market can make a submission.
Any accommodation provider targeting the wedding market can make a submission.
To be eligible you must have:
- A themed room, product or package aimed at the weddings market, eg a honeymoon suite, bridal packages, or similarly themed product
- A webpage that features your package or product and explains how to book it
- A current, live ATDW listing
What we need from you
Submit your information to Lysanne.Cameron@esc.nsw.gov.au
You may submit a listing to more than one business category, with a limit of one listing per category. This offer is always open - you can submit your information any time.
- Name of primary contact person
- Business name, website, email and phone contact details for publication
- Business category (venue, associated, or accommodation)
- Service/Product description (no word limit - we will edit to suit) Provide an inspired sales pitch describing your product or service. Explain how your business caters for and appeals to the target market. We may use your pitch for related marketing and promotion activities
- 2 high quality images at 2MB or larger file size
- landscape presentation
- depict the target market engaging with your product or service, or present your product or service in a wedding-related context
- you must own the rights to your images, or have express permission from the owner of the images, to allow us to use your images on the tourism website and in other marketing applications
- images must be an authentic representation of your business product or service. Do not submit Shutterstock or similar stock photography.
Online promotional page:
- You will need online content on your website or Facebook page that talks about your wedding product or service.
- URL to your specific weddings page relevant to your service/product, or
- URL for your Facebook business page
Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW - for accommodation providers only):
- Eligible businesses must have a live ATDW listing. To find out if your business is eligible please contact Lysanne.Cameron@esc.nsw.gov.au
Video content – optional:
- If you have MP4 or WAV video files you can submit your relevant video for us to include in short video for web and social media. We may edit your video or image content for a range of display formats or publications. We cannot guarantee to credit individual businesses, videographers or photographers.
When we get enough business listings, we will launch the wedding hub and run an awareness campaign.