Eurobodalla Shire has 83 beaches and a spectacular marine park coastline. On this page you'll find information about beach recreation and safety. You'll also find links to learn about how we are protecting the natural beauty of our beaches and coast.
Surf lifesaving patrols
Swimming, surfing, fishing and boating are popular activities in the Eurobodalla.
Surf lifesavers keep eight of our popular swimming beaches safe in summer. We have a mix of professional and volunteer lifeguards on duty every day during the peak holiday season. In addition, volunteer lifeguards from local Surf Life Saving clubs patrol selected beaches on weekends and public holidays from October to April.
Surf Life Saving Clubs
- Weekend and public holiday surf patrols - find a Surf Life Saving Club near you.
- Nippers and Participation Pathways - surf safety skills for ages 5 years and up.
- Special Nippers - safe beach experiences for children and adolescents with a disability. Bookings essential.
- Beach wheelchairs - contact your nearest club for access. At Corrigans Beach contact Clyde View Caravan Park on 02 4472 4224.
Many of our beaches are designated for dogs and humans to share.
Protecting our beaches
- Coastal projects: preserving the natural beauty of our coast
- Beachwatch: monitoring Eurobodalla water quality
Beach safety resources
- Beachsafe: individual beach characteristics, parking and patrols
- Eurobodalla LifeGuard's on twitter: patrol updates and conditions from our professional life savers
- Surf Life Saving Far South Coast on twitter: patrol updates and conditions
- Eurobodalla Shire Council's facebook page: beach news, activities and closures
- Eurobodalla Beachwatch Program: regular water quality testing