Our health and wellbeing as a community is directly impacted by the quality of our local environment.
Environmental themes like water quality and conservation, waste minimisation and sustainability, are all areas that we have the power to influence for the betterment of our environment and the community in which we live.
Education therefore plays a key role in ensuring that we have the information and understanding we need to make better lifestyle choices, that allow us to reduce the impact we have on our local natural areas and wildlife, so that we can enjoy them for generations to come.
Stay up to date on new environmental programs and educational opportunities for students with our regular newsletter for schools, teachers and parents:
School education programs
Council recognises the importance of working with local schools regarding environmental initiatives and education. We continue to sponsor and work in partnership with our local schools to develop, implement and improve programs that encourage environmental stewardship in younger generations, and complement the school curriculum.
Council’s primary aim is to see students having fun, while learning and interacting with environmental education. We also aim to:
- provide Eurobodalla schools with a portfolio of linked environmental programs
- establish and maintain sound working relationships with all schools in Eurobodalla
- assist with on-ground activities that increase biodiversity in school grounds
- raise awareness of environmental issues.
Find out more about our activities for:
Educational resource links
- NSW Early Childhood Environmental Education Network
- Sustainable Schools NSW: Green dates calendar
- Sustainable Schools NSW: Teaching resources
- Brewongle Environmental Education Centre: Resources
- CSIRO: Sustainable Futures
- Future Sparks: Teacher resources
- NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment: Teacher resources
- Field of Mars Environmental Education Centre: Teaching and learning programs
- NSW Department of Education: Sustainability
- CERES Sustainability Hub