Batemans Bay I info session: children's language development
Tuesday 16 November 2021
10:30am - 11:30am
Where: Batemans Bay Library, Hanging Rock Place, Batemans Bay
Speech pathologists from Eurobodalla Health Service are coming to the library to talk about children’s language and literacy development.
Parents and carers of children from zero to three (and others who are interested) will find out more information about:
- choosing the right books
- ways parents and carers can help to build language and literacy
- encouraging interactions
- how to support multi-lingual children through book reading
- what to do if your child is having difficulties with reading
- and more…
The language skills of one in five Australian children are behind before they start school. This talk will help parents and carers support and encourage their children's development.
The session will also include a reading from one of Speech Pathology Australia's children’s book of the year.
This event is a part of the annual Speechie Library Talks campaign.
As NSW reopens, we ask people follow the NSW Government COVID-19 rules and regulations by:
- keeping a safe distance from others
- washing hands thoroughly before and after attending
- using the provided hand sanitiser
- completing mandatory QR check in
- ensuring you are double vaccinated; and
- stay home if unwell.
Numbers are limited so book online or contact Batemans Bay Library to secure your place: