Photos of Hope
Our local young people are avid photographers who take and share images regularly. Opening for entries in mid-February, Photos of Hope will provide a platform for Eurobodalla youth to share their best images with the rest of the community.
Local youth are invited to creatively interpret the theme of Hope, Happiness, Positivity, Emotional Wellbeing and/or Inspiration through digital imagery in a way that is meaningful to them.
After such a challenging 2020, we want youth to capture the amazing people and places that make up the Eurobodalla Shire and its resilient and supportive community spirit.
There will be three age categories:
- under 12 years
- ages 13–17 years
- ages 18–25 years
Participants will have their work exhibited on a digital display in Eurobodalla during NSW Youth Week in April 2021.
Let’s reframe 2021 and bring out the best images that represent our great community in a positive light.
Entries open Monday 15 February 2021 and close 3pm, Wednesday 17 March 2021.
Prizes include a PlayStation 5, photography classes and more. Prizes will be randomly drawn in each age category at the Festival of Hope youth music event to be held in Youth Week 2021.
Terms and conditions
- One entry per person with a maximum of two images.
- All entries must have signed permission for Eurobodalla Shire Council to publish and use images of all people and places during its Youth Week 2021 photographic exhibition.
- Images of people must include their permission for use.
- Anyone who is under the age of 18, entrants and/or those featured in entry photographs, must understand the terms and conditions and have the permission of their parent/guardian to participate.
- All entries must have been taken within the Eurobodalla Shire.
- All images will be viewed by a panel of judges. The panel has the discretion to decline any photos they deem not suitable.
- The panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence regarding their decision will be entered in to.
- Each image must have a caption as well as location of where it was taken.
- The image must be taken by the photographer listed on the entry form.
- Entries may be manipulated by Council if required to fit in the format required for the photographic exhibition.
- Only digital photographs will be accepted. Please submit a photograph in the highest possible resolution.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants.
- Submission of the entry form is deemed agreement with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants warrant that they have the consent of the person/s whose images appear in submitted photographic images (or, in the case of a minor or a person without legal capacity, the consent of the parent/legal guardian or representative), to the digital photographic images of him/her being collected and used by Council, and that the subject is aware that their photograph will be:
- submitted to this digital display
- used by Council for purposes related to the digital display
- published, displayed or otherwise disclosed to the public.
- Entrants indemnify Eurobodalla Shire Council against any claims and/or costs arising from the failure to obtain any subject consent and/or required permission to take the photographs submitted in the competition.
- The information submitted by the entrant on the entry form is personal information and will be stored, used and disclosed in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (State).
- Eurobodalla Council collects information on the entry form for the purposes of:
- Conducting the exhibition and awarding prizes
- Promoting this and future initiatives, programs and activities of the Council
- Eurobodalla Council will disclose an entrant’s name to the public if their name is drawn to receive a prize. Their photographic image may also appear in press coverage of the activity.
For more information please contact Youth Development Officer Lee Minihan:
- T: 02 4474 1302
- E: Leanne Minihan