Council's certification team
Council's Building Certification Team provide a range of services, including:
- the issue of Construction Certificates for all types and classes of buildings
- the issue of Occupation Certificates upon completion of building works
- the role of the principal certifier
- the issue of Complying Development Certificates (fast-track development approvals process)
- carrying out mandatory critical stage inspections during the course of construction.
Council's Building Certification Team provide an efficient and cost effective certifying service that you can trust.
Our building surveyors can work with you throughout the development and construction process to ensure that everything runs efficiently.
You can appoint Council to be the principal certifier for your development - refer to Step 5 of our construction process page.
Council's building surveyors
Council's experienced building surveyors are registered under the Building and Development Certifiers Act 2018, and we do not sub-contract work to third parties.
Our team receives regular training to stay up to date with legislative changes and industry improvements to make sure developments meet the requirements of the Building Code of Australia.
Council's building surveyors and their accreditation details are:
- Stephen Melville:
- Registration no: BDC2188
- Level of accreditation: Category A1
- Kristy Blackwell:
- Registration no: BDC2956
- Level of accreditation: Category A3
For more information, contact our Development Help Desk:
- T: 02 4474 1231
- E: Council's Development Help Desk