Council's certification services
Council provides a range of certification services, which include:
- the issue of Construction Certificates for all types and classes of buildings
- the issue of Occupation Certificates upon completion of building works
- the role of the principal certifier
- the issue of Complying Development Certificates (fast-track development approvals process)
- carrying out mandatory critical stage inspections during the course of construction.
Council provides an efficient and cost effective certifying service that you can trust. Our building surveyor can work with you throughout the development and construction process.
You can appoint Council to be the principal certifier for your development - refer to Step 5 of our construction process page.
Council's building surveyor
Council's experienced building surveyor is registered under the Building and Development Certifiers Act 2018, and we do not sub-contract work to third parties.
Our building surveyor receives regular training to stay up to date with legislative changes and industry improvements. This training is important to make sure developments meet the requirements of the Building Code of Australia.
Council's building surveyor's accreditation details are:
- Kristy Blackwell:
- Registration no: BDC2956
- Level of accreditation: Category A3
For more information, contact our Development Help Desk:
- T: 02 4474 1231
- E: Council's Development Help Desk