Quick reference guide: Construction Certificate

Prepare all required documents

There are various supporting documents that are required to be lodged with your Construction Certificate (CC). You will need to have your supporting documents prepared, which include your plans, specifications and construction detail, ready to upload with your application on the Planning Portal.

In addition to the documents referred to in the checklist on this page, you need to also complete:

You will need to appoint either Council or a private registered certifier to assess your Construction Certificate and act as the principal certifier for your proposed development.

You will also need to complete a Contract for Certification Work (Council document) and lodge this with your application through the NSW Planning Portal:


Make sure you have addressed all of the requirements detailed in the relevant checklist and have your supporting documents ready to upload with your CC:

You will need to prepare all of your supporting documents as separate PDFs.

Lodge your application electronically

Once you have prepared your supporting documents, you can lodge your CC on the NSW Planning Portal:

Your application may be reviewed by our pre-assessment team and you will be notified of the outcome. If your application is accepted, you will be issued with an invoice for the CC application fee.

Before you lodge your CC it is important that all of your supporting document requirements have been addressed, as you may be charged another portal service fee if you are required to re-submit your application.

Please note that portal service fees are issued by the NSW Government to support the ongoing maintenance and delivery of the NSW Planning Portal. Fees payable through the ServiceNSW gateway may incur a surcharge depending on the payment method.

If you have any queries about portal service fees, please contact ServiceNSW:

  • T:  1300 305 695.

Once you receive an invoice for the CC application fee, you will need to pay the fee by following one of the payment options detailed on the invoice.

We can help you

For assistance using the NSW Planning Portal please contact Service NSW:

If you would like to discuss the details of your application or supporting documents you need to lodge, please contact Council's Development Help Desk: