Quick reference guide: Development Application
Prepare all required documents
There are various supporting documents that are required to be lodged with your DA. You will need to have your supporting documents prepared, ready to upload with your application on the Planning Portal. In addition to the documents referred to in the checklist that applies to your development, you need to also complete:
- Statement of Environmental Effects - this proforma should only be used for class 1 and 10 buildings (1.8 MB)
- Owner's Consent Form (1.4 MB)
- Development Estimated Cost of Works (1020.2 KB)
Make sure you have addressed all of the requirements detailed in the relevant checklist and have your supporting documents ready to upload with your DA:
- Development Application Checklist - Residential/Alterations and/or Additions (1.7 MB)
- Development Application Checklist - Use of Existing Unapproved Building or Works (2.6 MB)
- Development Application Checklist - Commercial, Industrial or Change of Use (3.3 MB).
You will need to prepare all of your supporting documents as separate PDFs.
Before you lodge your DA it is important that all of your supporting document requirements have been addressed, as you may be charged another portal service fee if you are required to re-submit your application.
Please note that portal service fees are issued by the NSW Government to support the ongoing maintenance and delivery of the NSW Planning Portal. Fees payable through the ServiceNSW gateway may incur a surcharge depending on the payment method.
If you have any queries about portal service fees, please contact ServiceNSW:
- T: 1300 305 695.
Lodge your application electronically
Once you have prepared your supporting documents, you can lodge your DA on the NSW Planning Portal:
Your application will be reviewed by our Development Assessment Team and you will be notified of the outcome. If your application is accepted, you will be issued with an invoice for the DA application fee.
Pay your application fee
Once you receive an invoice for the DA application fee, you will need to pay the fee by following one of the payment options detailed on the invoice.