Quick reference guide: Subdivision Works Certificate

Prepare all required documents

There are various supporting documents that are required to be lodged with your application for a Subdivision Works Certificate. You will need to have your supporting documents prepared, ready to upload with your application on the Planning Portal. These documents include your plans, specifications and construction detail, and a long service levy receipt for works that exceed the sum of $25,000.

In addition to the documents referred to in the checklist on this page, you need to also complete:


Make sure you have addressed all of the requirements detailed in the checklist and have your supporting documents ready to upload with your application:

You will need to prepare all of your supporting documents as separate PDFs.

Before you lodge your application it is important that all of your supporting document requirements have been addressed, as you may be charged another portal service fee if you are required to re-submit your application.

Please note that portal service fees are issued by the NSW Government to support the ongoing maintenance and delivery of the NSW Planning Portal. Fees payable through the ServiceNSW gateway may incur a surcharge depending on the payment method.

If you have any queries about portal service fees, please contact ServiceNSW:

  • T:  1300 305 695.

Lodge your application electronically

Once you have prepared your supporting documents, you can lodge your application on the NSW Planning Portal:

Your application will be reviewed by our Development Assessment Team and you will be notified of the outcome. If your application is accepted, you will be issued with an invoice for the application fee.

Pay your application fee

Once you receive an invoice for the application fee, you will need to pay the fee by following one of the payment options detailed on the invoice.

Council will issue your Subdivision Works Certificate once you have provided all of the information required in your application.

  • An application for a Subdivision Works Certificate may not be made by a person who will carry out the building work or subdivision work unless that person owns the land on which the work is to be carried out.
  • Subdivision Works Certificate applications must address all relevant conditions of the development consent. Plans detailing construction works involved must be submitted with the Subdivision Works Certificate Application for approval.
  • Council will assess your Subdivision Works Certificate and act as the principal certifier for the development. Once the application has been assessed and found to be acceptable, a Subdivision Works Certificate and set of stamped plans will be returned to you.
  • The issue of a Subdivision Works Certificate means that you can commence the civil works that have been approved.

If your development consent conditions do not mention a Subdivision Works Certificate being required, and once all other conditions have been satisfied, then you can proceed to lodge a Subdivision Certificate Application.

We can help you

For assistance using the NSW Planning Portal please contact Service NSW:

If you would like to discuss the details of your application or supporting documents you need to lodge, please contact Council's Development Help Desk: