'Bad' rating: bacterial levels indicate a substantially increased risk of illness to bathers.
- Centre of Surf Beach.
Potential pollution sources and catchment use:
- urban stormwater
- reticulated sewerage system and pump stations
- landfill leachate
- Wimbie and Surf Beach creeks
- sewer treatment plant outfall.
Pollution - mode of impact:
- via intermittently flowing creek with low volume discharge (+ SW drainage pipe on north end)
- public toilet on beach reserve
- intermittently flowing creek (low volume)
- remote effective ocean outfall
- pollution from vessels at sea.