Tuross Main Beach
'Good' rating: bacterial levels are safe for bathing according to National Health & Medical Research Council guidelines.
- Tuross Main Beach - 200m south of Tuross Head (via walkway from toilets).
Potential pollution sources and catchment use:
- urban stormwater
- onsite sewerage management systems in upper catchment
- reticulated sewer system and pump stations
- intense cattle grazing and rural land-use.
Pollution - mode of impact:
- via estuary with large volume discharge
- pollution from vessels at sea and in estuary.