Household waste and bins
Council provides residents in the domestic collection area with three bins:
- a red-lidded general waste bin collected weekly
- a yellow-lidded recycling bin collected fortnightly
- a green-lidded garden organics bin collected fortnightly.
If your property is within the domestic collection area, you can take part in our yearly clean-outs for hazardous household chemicals and junk items too bulky for the household bin.
You can also take waste to our waste management facilities at Surf Beach, Moruya and Brou.
Bin collection, waste, and recycling
Find your suburb's bin pick up days and download guides for household waste and recycling.
Bin and recycling FAQs
Answers to frequently asked questions about your household waste, recycling and organics bins, Council's waste services, extra bins, and charges.
A - Z of recycling and waste disposal
Find the best way to dispose of unwanted items and identify what can be recycled or recovered.
Tip fees and opening hours
Check the opening hours, locations, and fee details of Council's waste management facilities at Surf Beach, Moruya, and Brou.
Annual chemical cleanout
Council provides an annual clean out for many household chemicals and items that cannot be accepted at our waste management facilities.
- Council: for general waste enquiries, including stolen or damaged bins, or extra bins:
T: 02 4474 1024
- SUEZ: for waste and recycling collection, including missed services:
T: 02 4474 8333