A tablet device displaying a digital drawing of a house. banner image

The DA process

If you are considering developing, you may need to submit a Development Application (DA) to seek Council approval.

On this page you'll find a step-by-step guide to the DA process. You'll also find some helpful resources and supporting documents you can use to navigate your way through the application process.

Guide to the DA process and how to lodge an application

Lodge your DA on the NSW Planning Portal:

The NSW Planning Portal has digitised the planning process. You must lodge DAs online on the NSW Planning Portal.

Our flowchart shows the major steps in the DA process:

The Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure (DPHI) has developed a guide to explain the DA process. This guide will help you prepare and lodge a DA. It also explains the steps required to begin building.

Our fact sheet outlines how to lodge a DA on the NSW Planning Portal:

Rebuilding after bushfires

If bushfires destroyed or damaged your home or business, learn how Council can help you through the building process.

Our dedicated team of Development Assessment Officers are working with bushfire-affected residents during the DA process, and these DAs are given priority.

Steps in the DA process

Follow these steps to help you prepare and submit a DA:

Resources to help you lodge your DA on the Planning Portal

DPE has a range of resources to guide you through the DA lodgement process:

Frequently asked questions

If you’re a Eurobodalla customer, you can get our answers to frequently asked questions about lodging DAs through the Planning Portal:

We can help you

For assistance using the NSW Planning Portal please contact Service NSW:

If you would like to discuss the details of your application or supporting documents you need to lodge, please contact Council's Development Help Desk:

Disclaimer: This page provides a summary of the major issues relating to the submission of plans for a DA. This information does not address every issue that could occur.