An overhead photograph of Tomakin residential areas banner image

Property information

You can lodge and track Development Applications (DAs) online. Purchasers and developers can use online tools to find out about:

  • zoning
  • building height restrictions
  • applicable Development Control Plans (DCPs)
  • types of development that can be undertaken on a property.

You must lodge applications such as DAs and post-consent certificates on the NSW Planning Portal:

You can find out more about the DA process and guidelines for lodging your application on the NSW Planning Portal on our DA process page.

How to apply for your certificate or search online

You can apply for various certificates and searches online by using our eServices system:

  1. Register for an eProperty user account to start your application.
  2. Log in to submit the online application form.
  3. Complete and submit your application.
  4. Pay for your application.
  5. Once processed, your certificate or search will be issued to you by email.

Find out more about these certificates and searches:

Council may notify a Development Application (DA) where the proposal:

  • is considered to have a potential impact on adjoining and adjacent properties, or
  • does not meet a standard in the acceptable solutions of the Development Control Plan (DCP).
Community members can view these proposals and give feedback online during the exhibition period at:

Council must notify and exhibit a DA in line with the:

How to lodge a submission

During the exhibition period, community members can give feedback about a proposal. They can do this by making an online submission to Council:

  1. Find the development proposal you want to make a submission about on Council's DA tracker.
  2. Click on the DA number (application ID).
  3. Read the 'Making a submission fact sheet' at the bottom of the page.
  4. Click on the 'Lodge submission' button.
  5. Complete the submission, upload any documents and click on the 'Submit' button.

The assessing officer will review any submissions received and may ask the applicant to respond to the issues raised. This will occur before the assessing officer determines the application.

Development proposals need to be prepared with reference to development standards in all relevant environmental plans. The plan for Eurobodalla Shire is the Eurobodalla Local Environmental Plan 2012. This plan provides the zoning for each site and outlines key development standards. These include building heights and minimum lot sizes.

To vary any of these development standards, the applicant's DA needs to address them under Clause 4.6 of the Eurobodalla Local Environmental Plan 2012. This clause gives the applicant the opportunity to show that the variation to the development standard(s) is justifiable in the specific circumstance.

You can view a register of DAs where consent has been granted with a variation to development standard SEPP1 or Clause 4.6:

Land-mapping tool

Council's land mapping tool provides information relating to property boundaries, imagery and town planning schemes:

NSW Planning Portal

The NSW Planning Portal allows you to determine the types of development that can be undertaken on your property. It also contains other information to consider when planning your development, like bushfire and flooding risks:

DA tracker

Use our DA tracking tool to check the progress of DAs and Construction Certificates:

We can help you

For assistance using the NSW Planning Portal please contact Service NSW:

If you would like to discuss the details of your application or supporting documents you need to lodge, please contact Council's Development Help Desk:

Please note: As of 1 December 2021, a reference to an Environment Protection Zone E1, E2, E3 or E4 in a document should be taken to be a reference to a Conservation Zone C1, C2, C3 or C4. For further information, please see NSW Department of Planning and Environment's 'Standard Instrument (Local Environmental Plans) Amendment (Land Use Zones) Order 2021'.