Planning your event
Eurobodalla Shire Council’s vision is to establish a balanced and sustainable portfolio of vibrant tourism and community events that celebrate and generate awareness of the unique attributes of Eurobodalla, creating compelling reasons for visitors and residents to explore and return to the area.
This page offers event organisers an insight into Council’s event application process, as well as tips and tricks to planning a successful and safe event.
COVID-19 and events
The NSW Government is working to ensure a safe and viable return for major sports, cultural and community events, when possible. It is important that event organisers stay informed with up-to-date information.
Application for an event permit
In Eurobodalla, your event may require approval from Council before it can proceed on Council parks and reserves. You will need to apply for an event permit at least 30 days prior to your event if one or more of these apply:
- you plan to erect infrastructure i.e. Large or multiple marquees, temporary fencing, a stage etc.
- you require vehicle access to drop off equipment
- your event will impact vehicle and/or pedestrian traffic, or you are requesting closure of a road or carpark
- you are charging a participant fee
- there will be 60 attendees or more
- your event requires a reservation
Event permit process, step-by-step
- Submit your event application form, as well as all your relevant event documentation to events. If you are not sure on what documents you need to include in your application, please refer to our Events Guidelines. Please note your form must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to your event start date. Please note other key timeframes in the table below.
- Once submitted, allow two weeks for your event approval.
- Once you have received event approval and have all relevant permits and licences in place, you are permitted to run your event.
Event permit timeframes
The following list provides indicative timeframes for the approval process:
Eurobodalla Shire Council permits
|Development application||Including temporary infrastructure|
Four months prior to event start
|Amusement device application||Such as mechanical rides||Three months prior to event start|
|Native Title Advice||If your event is held on Crown land||Three months prior to event start|
|Traffic Management||Traffic management and traffic control plan approval||Four months prior to event start|
|Activities under Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993||Approval for temporary event camping||One month prior to event start|
|Event Licence Agreement||Approval for the use or occupation of land for more than 3 consecutive days||Six months prior to event start|
|Activities under Section 138 of the Roads Act 1993||Approval for temporary structures such as scaffolding and fencing on road reserves on paths||Three months prior to event start|
In addition to Council approval, you may need to apply for other permits.
Organisations outside Council
|Liquor Licence||Required for events where alcohol is to be sold or served at an event||Three months prior to event start date|
|NSW Police||Police notification of event||Four months prior to event start date|
|Emergency Services||Including fire and ambulance||Two months prior to event start date|
|SafeWork NSW||Including fireworks||Three months prior to event start date|
|Department of Primary Industries||Marine Park permit for organised events including sporting or other activities in the Batemans Marine Park||Three months prior to event start date|
|Transport for NSW, Road and Maritime||Aquatic Licence which may be required for organised activities such as competitions, races and fireworks displays in or on navigable waters||Three months prior to event start date|
|NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service||National Park permit for events and activities held in NSW national parks||Six months prior to event start date|
|Forestry Corporation||State Forest permit required for a range of organised events and activities in State Forests||One month prior to event start date|
|Local Aboriginal Land Council||Approval from the relevant Local Aboriginal Land Council for an activity to be held on their land||Two months prior to event start date|
|Crown Land||Short-term licence when you undertake a short-term activity such as a music festival, sporting event or competition on Crown land||Two months prior to event start date|
Booking a venue
A booking is required for the use of Council land and venues. The booking application will impose conditions to ensure Council’s assets are not damaged. To book a Council venue please email the booking office or call 02 4472 3153.
- Council venues for hire. Fees and charges may apply.
Eurobodalla Council’s events team created guides to assist event organisers. These guides should be read in conjunction with Council’s Events Policy and other relevant Council documents as indicated throughout.
Find out about:
- Entertainment, including amusement devices and fireworks
- Event locations and facilities
- Food and Drink
- Marine Park permits and aquatic licences
- National Parks and state forests
- NSW Police
- Native Title, Event licence agreements, Local Aboriginal Land Council and Crown Land
- Risk management, insurance, lighting and accessibility
- Temporary structures and development applications - including temporary camping
- Toilet facilities
- Traffic management
- Waste management
Eurobodalla Shire Council’s Tourism and Community Events Sponsorship Program supports event organisers to plan and deliver successful events.
Promoting your event
Eurobodalla Shire Council has tools and channels for event organisers to use in order to promote their event such as a What’s On website and newsletter.
Looking for information on upcoming events in the Eurobodalla? Visit our What’s On website for a comprehensive list of events in our region.
Looking for a list of local suppliers, community contacts or volunteers for your event? Contact Eurobodalla’s events team today for comprehensive lists and contact details.
Are you a supplier who would like to be contacted by event organisers? If you are, please send the events team your details so we can add you to our list.
Event terms and conditions
- Council's Event permit terms and conditions.
Eurobodalla Council’s events team is here to help. From venue selection to assistance promoting your event, we can support you in making your event the best it can be. For any questions on the application process, or to discuss in detail aspects of your event, contact:
- T: 02 4474 1209
- M: 0418 652 299
- E: events