Disability Inclusion Advisory Committee
The Disability Inclusion Advisory Committee advises Council on matters affecting people with disability. The Committee:
- supports the delivery of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan
- helps Council review and identify disability access and equity issues (including providing relevant information and resources to the public)
- meets four times a year at Council's customer service centre in Moruya.
- To provide input to the Disability Inclusion Action Plan prior to its final consideration by Council.
- To assist Council with the implementation of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan.
- To assist Council in the review and identification of Council’s current and future disability access and equity issues, including the provision of information and resources to the public. Title and Delegations
- The committee shall be referred to as the Disability Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- The committee shall function as a non-delegated advisory committee of Council.
Terms of reference
- Up to eight community representatives who have a disability or have specialist knowledge or interest in disability issues. Up to three of these may be filled by individuals who work in a disability related area.
- Councillor David Grace, and Councillor Alison Worthington as an alternate.
- Disability Inclusion Action Plan (3.9 MB)
- Easy English version of Disability Inclusion Action Plan (5.1 MB)
- Disability Inclusion Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (260.8 KB)
For more information, please contact Bev Nicholson, Executive Assistant to Director, Community, Arts and Recreation Services:
- T: 02 4474 1264
- E: Bev Nicholson