Frequently asked questions
Below are answers to some of the questions we frequently get asked. If you're question isn't listed below contact our library staff for information.
Joining the Library
- Does it cost anything to join the library? No, the library is free to join.
- How do I join the library? To join visit Batemans Bay, Moruya or Narooma Library with proof of your identity and current residential address. Members under 16 years old will need a parent or guardian with appropriate identification to accompany them. Alternatively you can sign up using the online membership form however you'll need to visit one of our libraries with ID to complete your registration.
- How old does my child have to be to join? Any age. There is no minimum (or maximum) age to join the library.
- If I'm a visitor can I still join the library? Yes, you can. For an annual fee of $13 you can get a visitor membership for you and your family and borrow up to 10 items.
- How many items can I borrow at a time? 20, this includes a maximum of 10 DVDs and/or audiobooks.
- How many times can I renew an item? Twice, unless it is reserved by another member. To renew an item log in to your online account, contact the library or visit your local branch.
- How long can I borrow things for? DVDs and magazines can be borrowed for two weeks and all other items can be borrowed for four weeks. However if an item is designated ‘express’ (because it has a lot of reserves) it can only be borrowed for two weeks.
- Can I return/borrow from a different library? Yes. No matter which branch you signed up at, you're a member of the Eurobodalla Library Service, which means you can borrow from and return to Batemans Bay, Moruya or Narooma Library.
- Can I search the catalogue from home? Yes, go to the library home page and click the Browse the catalogue icon.
- How do I reserve and renew items without coming into the library? Log in to your online account or contact the library via email or phone.
- What are my options if the library doesn't have an item I want? If you want an item that isn't part of our collection you can submit a Suggestion for Purchase (either online or at your local library) or you can request an Inter-Library Loan and we'll source the item from out-of-area libraries. Fees apply for Inter-library loans.
- Are there any overdue fees? No, we don't charge overdue fees but we appreciate the return of all overdues items.
- Are there any other fees associated with borrowing? A small fee may apply if you reserve an item from another branch. Reservation fees do NOT apply for junior members, DVDs, audiobooks and large print.
In the Library
- Does the library have free Wi-Fi? Yes, you can access free Wi-Fi at all our branches.
- Can staff help me with technology issues? Our staff are happy to help with basic technology needs such as printing, scanning, accessing e-resources, basic internet and emailing issues. However we're unable to provide help with complicated or intensive tech issues. Our staff are fairly knowledgeable but are not tech experts.
- Does it cost anything to use a public computer? Yes and no. Using a public computer is free for library members and concession card holders, while non-library members have to pay a small fee.
- Does it cost anything to print? Yes, fees apply for printing.
- Does it cost anything to scan or email? No, scanning and email are free (apart from any computer booking fee for non-library members).
- What digital resources does the library offer? Lots, check out our eLibrary for a full list or our eResources and how to access each one.
- How long can I borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines? Items on Borrow Box can be borrowed for 14 days and renewed twice. Items on Indy Reads can be borrowed for 21 days and renewed twice.
- What can I do if there is a problem with an eResource? Contact our staff. We'll do our best to help you and if we can't we'll contact the eResource's support team.
- What is my eResource password or PIN? You're default password or PIN is your 8 digit date of birth with no spaces or punctuation e.g. 23071987
Programs and events
- Can I see what events are coming up? Yes, visit our What's on at the libraries page to see all upcoming events.
- How do I book and pay for an event? Visit our What's on at the libraries page and click on the event you're interested in, booking information will be listed at the bottom. Bookings are usually done online through Eventbrite but if you're unable to make an online booking contact the library for assistance. If library staff are booking a paid event for you, you'll need to come into the library to pay before your booking can be completed.