The General Manager's role is to guide the organisation to prepare and deliver the Community Strategic Plan.
Warwick was General Manager at Penrith City Council from 2018 to 2022. He joined Eurobodalla Shire Council in November 2022.
Warwick has had a long career in local government in the UK, New Zealand and Australia, including as Chief Executive Officer at Manningham City Council (Victoria) and North Sydney Council.
In his spare time, Warwick likes to ski, spend time with his family including his new grandson, and play the occasional game of golf.
Warwick’s qualifications include:
- Advanced Diploma of Management (PLS Performance Group)
- Masters of Environmental and Local Government Law (Macquarie University)
- Post Graduate Diploma of Town and Country Planning (Leeds Metropolitan University)
- Advanced Diploma of Environment and Development (Open University, England)
- Bachelor of Arts majoring in Organisational Psychology (University of Canterbury, New Zealand)
- Certificate in Governance and Risk Management (Governance Institute of Australia)
- Certificate in Values Based Leadership (University of Cape Town)
Community, Arts and Recreation
Director: Kathy Arthur
- Community care: aged care, disability services, NDIS
- Community development: children, youth, arts, library services
- Recreation: planning, sports participation support, swimming centres, professional lifeguards, facilities management and bookings
Many of the directorate's programs are directly funded by NSW and Australian government funding, and supported by more than 120 volunteers. On average the directorate provides 6,500 occasions of service to the local community each week.
Kathy's local government experience spans more than 30 years. She has worked for Sutherland, Rockdale and Liverpool councils before joining Eurobodalla in 1997. Among other roles, Kathy has managed the shire's libraries and the community service division before her appointment to the director's role in 2013. Kathy holds a bachelor of arts, along with graduate diplomas in education, and library and information services.
Finance and Corporate Services
Director: Stephanie Speedy
- Finance: financial management of Council, including financial statements, budgeting and forecasting, procurement, fleet, levying of rates and annual charges.
- Customer Service: frontline counter and telephone services, information and records management, applications and financial transactions.
- Information Technology Services: develop and maintain secure information and communication knowledge and systems, including cyber security and incident response management across Council.
Stephanie is a chartered accountant with twenty years’ experience in the private and public sectors. She holds degrees in both law and commerce and has a substantial background in change management and continuous improvement. Stephanie has over 15 years of financial and management accounting experience, having worked in Europe, UK, Australia and New Zealand across top tier accounting firms, global retail companies and leading property organisations.
Stephanie commenced her local government career with Eurobodalla Shire Council in January 2017 and has successfully managed a number of financial functions prior to her appointment as Director.
Director: Graham Attenborough
- Water and sewer: plan for and manage the shire's water and sewer assets including transport, treatment, stormwater and flood management, construction of new infrastructure
- Works: construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, pathways, car parks, marine infrastructure, streetscaping, parks and reserves
- Technical services: infrastructure design, asset management, project management
- Emergency management: Local Emergency Management Officer
Planning and Sustainability Services
Director: Lindsay Usher
- Waste services: landfill and transfer station operations, landfill and transfer station infrastructure improvements and capital works, domestic waste, recycling and garden organics collection, waste minimisation and education
- Strategy and sustainable growth services: land-use planning, coastal and floodplain management, natural environment planning, heritage planning, tourism and events, business development
- Development services: development assessment, building certification, development engineering, development support
- Environmental services: rangers, public and environmental health and compliance, sustainability, natural resource management
- Property and Commercial: property acquisitions and disposals, leases and licences for Council and Crown land, Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden, Moruya Airport, Batemans Bay Beach Resort and Council's three campgrounds
Around 100 staff are employed in the Planning and Sustainability Services directorate.
Lindsay has over 25 years experience in the public sector, having worked at a senior management level in both local and NSW Government. Prior to joining Eurobodalla Shire Council in April 2008, Lindsay was a regional director with the NSW Department of Planning and worked with councils throughout western NSW. Lindsay holds a bachelor of urban planning, along with a graduate certificate in environmental management.