Building plans with black pen laying across them banner image

Request to view building plans

Council is required to keep a record of all building approvals issued. This includes building licences and permits, plans, and supporting documents.

Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, you can request to view building plans if you are the owner of the property.

Information we need before you apply

When you submit an Application to View Building Plans, we need to know the:

  • applicant's name: the person asking to view the building plans
  • property address
  • lot and DP details of the property
  • purpose of your request.

If you're the owner of the property

You will need to provide:

  • photo identification or a copy of your rates notice.

If you're not the owner of the property

You will need to provide the:

  • owner's written and signed consent, which you must attach to your application,
  • owner's photo identification or a copy of the owner's rates notice.

If the owner of the property is a company

You will need to provide:

  • proof of directorship.

If the property is a strata title, you will need to provide:

  • the signature/seal of the secretary of the body corporate or managing agent.

Note:  If you do not have owner's consent, you can still view the plans, but we will redact the floor plans.

How to apply

Complete the application to View Building Plans and Credit Card Form, and pay the fee:

If you don't want to pay by credit card, we can email an invoice to you.

You can submit your application and supporting documents:

  • by email: Council
  • in person: at our customer service centre on the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
  • by post: Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99, Moruya NSW 2537.

What happens next

Once we receive your application, we will carry out a search of our records, but we can't guarantee the plans will be on file. If the plans are on file, we'll email you a link so you can view them.

We will notify you if the plans are held under copyright and we need written consent from the copyright holder.

Please allow up to ten working days to process your application.

More information

If you need more information about the application process, please contact our Development Admin Team on: