Annual chemical cleanout
Eurobodalla residents can rid their homes of unwanted chemicals for free at our annual chemical cleanout, usually held around September. Simply take unwanted chemicals to designated drop-off points in Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma.
Annual household chemical cleanout | Moruya
Dispose of your unwanted chemicals at our drop off point at Gundary Oval car park.
Annual household chemical cleanout | Narooma
Dispose of your unwanted chemicals at our drop off point at Narooma Library.
Proper chemical disposal
Household hazardous chemicals are sometimes disposed of improperly by pouring waste down the drain, on the ground, into stormwater drains, or putting them out with the garbage.
They have the potential to cause physical injury, contaminate wastewater treatment systems, and can contaminate land and drinking water supplies. They can also present hazards to children and pets if left around the house.
We will accept
- oxidisers, solvents, paints, varnishes
- household cleaners, poisons, pool chemicals
- acids, alkalis, medicines
- pesticides, fungicides, weed killers, fertilisers
- fuel, oils, gas cylinders
- smoke detectors, household batteries, compact fluorescent light globes
- sharps (syringes).
We won't accept
- clinical waste
- radioactive materials (except smoke detectors).
This project is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the Waste Levy.
Information about what will and won't be accepted at the household chemical cleanout is also available in our Household Waste and Recycling Guide:
You can also read these pages to find out how to correctly dispose of different kinds of waste at home:
- A-Z of recycling and waste disposal
- How to dispose of cleaners, medications and cosmetics safely
- How to dispose of paint safely
- How to dispose of pesticides safely
- How to dispose of solvents safely
- How to dispose of used motor oil safely
- How to dispose of wood preservatives safely
- drumMUSTER program
We can help you
If you need more information about our chemical cleanout collection, please contact Waste Services on:
- T: 4474 1024
- E: Council's Waste Services