Request access to another person's personal information held by Council (PPIPA)
This page outlines the steps involved in obtaining the contact details of another person, such as a neighbour.
Council can only release personal information about another person for one of two reasons:
- Under section 18(1)(c) of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIPA), the disclosure of a person's details is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to life or health of the applicant or another person. For example, after a storm, a tree on a neighbouring property is leaning over a house and likely to fall at any moment, causing a threat to life.
- To serve a fencing notice under Section 21 of the Dividing Fences Act 1991. For example, a property owner would like to discuss repairing/installing a boundary fence with their neighbour. Please note that if you are not the adjoining property owner, Council cannot provide you with the requested information.
How to apply
- Complete the application form:
- Request access to another person's personal information held by Council application form (204.2 KB)
- This form is a Statutory Declaration under the Oaths Act 1900. A Justice of the Peace, Solicitor or other qualified person must witness your signature.
- A Justice of the Peace is available at the Moruya Customer Service Centre.
- Pay the application fee of $9.50, as detailed in Council’s fees and charges. You can pay in person or by email with our credit card form:
- Submit your signed application, along with payment:
- by email: to Council
- in person: at Council's Customer Service Centre on the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
- by post: Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99, Moruya NSW 2537.
- If Council accepts your application, we will email the requested information to the address provided on your application form.
If you need more information about requesting access to another person's personal information held by Council (PPIPA), please contact our Customer Service and Information Team on:
- T: 02 4474 1000
- E: Customer Service and Information Team
- Visit our Customer Service centre at the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.