Support for clubs
If you are involved in delivering sport and recreation in Eurobodalla, we are here to help you. We work with local clubs and professional recreation providers to make sure you have the support you need to deliver a great experience for your members.
We invite you to:
- get involved in the Sport and Active Recreation (SPARC) Forum
- get along to our events and workshops
- make use of the many free resources to help with club governance, training and retaining volunteers, and amplifying your fundraising efforts.
The Sport and Active Recreation Forum brings together local sporting and recreation leaders to collaborate with Council to provde quality programs for our community.
The forum is all about coming together to share ideas, identify key issues and to develop the capabilities we need to grow and thrive.
Forum members will:
- hear from leading experts in club development
- get access to targeted training
- develop helpful networks.
- hear from Council staff about current and upcoming projects
- be a part of strategic discussions that shape future directions.
- find out about the latest grants and other opportunities available.
For sport and recreation clubs: Learn from experts about ways to keep your club strong and growing, tap into grant opportunities and keep up to date with upcoming recreation works.
For professional coaches: Network and collaborate with local leaders from the clubs and other businesses. Tap into shire-wide strategies to keep the community engaged and active.
For schools and teachers: Be part of the conversation for how we best motivate and inspire young people to develop physical literacy and a life long association with sport and active recreation.
From time to time we run special workshops and events for sport and recreation providers. Subscribe to stay up to date.
- Workshop: Sustainability in sport
- Workshop: Developing physical literacy
- Conference: Eurobodalla Sport and Recreation Conference
Use these tools and resources to help you build and maintain a strong club.
Sports Community ClubSpot
This is a great resource for clubs and their volunteers with resources to help committee members and volunteers find their feet. Get your governance in good shape and your club on track to succeed. Free templates, worksheets, webinars and online training.
- Download position descriptions for each committee member
- Get tools and templates for core governance documents
- Tune into podcasts specifically pitched at local clubs
- Find free or affordable, targeted training.
Online health check
Gauge where your club is at and identify areas for improvement. Sport Australia's online health check is a great starting point for any committee.
Roadmap for good governance
Strong clubs have strong governance. Improve your governance with Sport Australia’s nine-step training program.
Governance refers to the way you run your club including the way you structure your committee, your club’s goals and objectives, the way you plan to achieve those outcomes, and the principles you use to make decisions.
Contact Recreation Development Coordinator, Mathew Neason
- T: 02 4474 7438
- E: Mathew Neason