A person using a laptop computer. banner image

Section 10.7 Planning Certificate

Under Section 10.7 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 Council can issue a certificate providing information about planning controls and development standards relating to a property. They are usually requested upon the sale or purchase of a property.

There are two types of Section 10.7 Planning Certificates you can apply for:

  • A 10.7(2) Certificate provides information about the zoning of the property, the relevant state, regional and local planning controls and other property issues such as land contamination and road widening, and whether or not complying development can be carried out on the land.
  • A 10.7(2) and (5) Certificate provides both the information available in a Section 10.7(2) Certificate and additional information that Council may be aware of such as advice from other authorities, development approvals and policies and contributions plans that may apply to the land.

A Section 10.7 Planning Certificate identifies all of the relevant planning documents that apply to the property, however it does not specify development standards or terms of the instruments.

A Section 10.7 Planning Certificate is not a development approval.

Applying for a Section 10.7 Planning Certificate

You can apply for a Section 10.7 Planning Certificate by completing the application form and paying the relevant fee:

The application can be submitted:

  • by applying online: via our eServices system
  • in person: at Council's customer service centre on the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, between 8.30am and 4.30pm
  • by email: Council
  • by post: Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99, Moruya NSW 2537.
  • Please include your payment with your application to avoid delay in lodgement.

The certificate is usually processed within five working days and will be emailed to the address specified on the application. Alternatively, the application can be mailed to you.

Council does not provide advice on which Section 10.7 Planning Certificate you should obtain. Section 10.7 Planning Certificates are requested for varying reasons and you should seek your own professional or legal advice on what type you require according to your individual circumstances.

We can help you

For more information, contact our Development Help Desk: