Resources for schools
We deliver a variety of school programs for all levels of education that complement the NSW school curriculum.
Our education programs and excursions:
- explore themes from our Climate Action Plan 2022-2032, like biodiversity, waste, water, and energy
- encourage partnerships between Council, local schools, and the community
- promote greater environmental awareness,
- enable schools to make positive changes to their environment.
We aim to:
- offer students fun and memorable learning opportunities
- establish and maintain sound working relationships with all schools in Eurobodalla
- provide Eurobodalla schools with a portfolio of linked environmental programs
- assist with activities that increase biodiversity within school grounds
- raise awareness of environmental issues and embed sustainability concepts within your school.
Sustainability education programs: preschool to secondary school
We offer a wide range of fun, interactive preschool education programs, workshops, and play-based activities for preschool-aged children. These sustainability-themed learning experiences will inspire care, wonder and connection to the world around them.
Primary school education
We provide various primary school level education programs, activities, and excursions in the Eurobodalla. Children will explore sustainability themed topics such as ecosystems and biodiversity, and waste.
Arrange activities and excursions to learn about marine debris, the Australian Microplastic Assessment Project, water filtration and sewage treatment plants, geography and science.
- Sustainable Schools NSW: Teaching resources
- Brewongle Environmental Education Centre: Resources
- CSIRO: Sustainable Futures
- Department of Planning and Environment: Teacher resources
- Field of Mars Environmental Education Centre: Teaching and learning programs
- NSW Department of Education: Sustainability
- CERES: School of nature and climate
Contact our Sustainability Education Officers, James Caffery or Alex King, for more detailed information about our education programs:
- E: James Caffery or Alex King