Resources for schools
Education plays a key role in helping us all understand our surroundings and make sustainable lifestyle choices that reduce our impact on our local natural areas and wildlife, so that we can enjoy them for generations to come.
It's never too early to start exploring environmental themes like water quality, conservation, waste minimisation, and sustainability. This is why Eurobodalla Council works with local schools to develop and improve programs that encourage environmental stewardship in younger generations, and complement the school curriculum.
With programs and excursions available for different school levels and at home, Council aims to:
- offer students fun and memorable environmental learning opportunities
- provide Eurobodalla schools with a portfolio of linked environmental programs
- establish and maintain sound working relationships with all schools in Eurobodalla
- assist with on-ground activities that increase biodiversity in school grounds
- raise awareness of environmental issues.
Preschool children will learn about what goes in the bin, what we need water for, composting and recycling in a fun and interactive environment, which includes games, activities and workshops.
Primary students can get involved in Council's annual environment education calendar, excursions, composting workshops, and learn about the Marine Debris Program and Water Audit Program.
Arrange activities and excursions to learn about marine debris, the Australian Microplastic Assessment Project, water filtration and sewage treatment plants, geography and science.
More educational resources
- Sustainable Schools NSW: Green dates calendar
- Sustainable Schools NSW: Teaching resources
- Brewongle Environmental Education Centre: Resources
- CSIRO: Sustainable Futures
- Future Sparks: Teacher resources
- NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment: Teacher resources
- Field of Mars Environmental Education Centre: Teaching and learning programs
- NSW Department of Education: Sustainability
- CERES Sustainability Hub