A screen shot of the GIS mapping tool centered on Sunshine Bay within Eurobodalla Shire, New South Wales banner image


The Department of Planning and Environment has changed its name: 1 January 2024

The DPE has changed its name to the Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure (DPHI). Any reference to the DPE in a document should be read as the Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure.

You can use free land-mapping tools to view different mapping layers that may apply to a property you're interesting in buying.

Access Council's land-mapping tool

You can find property information such as:

  • parcel title details
  • lot size
  • height of building restrictions
  • development restrictions, eg, bushfire-prone land, coastal management SEPP overlays and known flying-fox camps
  • environmental features, eg, acid sulphate soils, potential threatened ecological communities and adopted flood studies
  • aerial base maps
  • town planning schemes
  • biodiversity and heritage overlays
  • town planning zones and overlays
  • public infrastructure
  • landscape classifications.

Access the NSW Planning Portal tool

You can use the ePlanning tool to:

  • find a property
  • view information about that property such as the:
    • Eurobodalla Local Environmental Plan 2012
    • Development Control Plans (DCPs)
    • land zoning
    • applicable state environmental planning policies

Changes to land zones

Business and industrial zones

The NSW Department of Planning and Environment (now named the Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure) has implemented employment zones reforms.

  • The reforms have replaced business and industrial zones with employment zones in local environmental plans across NSW.
  • Reference to a business or industrial zone B1, B2, B4, B5 or IN1 in a document or page should be taken to be a reference to an employment zone E1, E2, E3, E4 or MU1.
  • The aims are to better accommodate the changing needs of businesses, increase investment, and boost jobs growth.
  • The changes came into effect on 1 December 2022.

Conservation zones

From 1 December 2021, a reference to an environment protection zone E1, E2, E3 or E4 in a document should be taken to be a reference to a conservation zone C1, C2, C3 or C4.

Lodge, track and plan

You can lodge and track Development Applications (DAs) and Construction Certificates (CCs) online.

The NSW Planning Portal tool also allows you to determine the types of development that can be done on a property. It also contains other information to consider when planning your development, like bushfire and flooding risks:

Use the online planning tools

We can help you

For more information, contact our Development Help Desk: