banner image


Development includes building, renovating, demolishing, tree removal, subdividing land, the display of advertising, or changing the use of a building or land.

If you are developing, you may need to lodge a Development Application (DA) with Council to get consent. As part of the application process, Council will assess the likely impacts of your development and ensure the proposal complies with relevant legislation.

You may also need other formal approvals for certain parts of your development, such as the installation of a solid fuel heating appliance, a new stormwater connection, driveway crossing, or the installation of a relocatable home, annexe or associated structure on a dwelling site in a caravan park.

Use the NSW Planning Portal from 1 July 2021

From 1 July 2021, applications such as development applications and post-consent certificates must be lodged via the NSW Government's Planning Portal. From 1 July 2021 the NSW Planning Portal is the only way you can lodge these applications.

NSW Planning Portal: frequently asked questions

Find answers to all of your questions about lodging certain planning applications online through the NSW Planning Portal:

Builders and developers updates

You can subscribe to our builders and developers newsletter, with the latest industry information, legislative amendments and best practice updates.

More information