Councillor Professional Development
Attendance at conferences
Council has a commitment to continuing professional development for Councillors. Attendance at sector conferences provides Councillors with new skills and knowledge on particular issues to ensure they can perform their duties and represent residents to the best of their ability.
Conferences also provide the opportunity to network and advocate with councillors from other local government areas.
Section 1.4.4 of the Councillor Professional Development, Expenses and Facilities Policy states that Councillors attending training, seminars and conferences are to provide a detailed report to Council on the outcome and issues.
Where there are a number of Councillors attending the same conference, a joint report is acceptable. Councillors not meeting the criteria without reasonable explanation may not receive priority or opportunities for future events.
More information can be found in Council's Councillor Professional Development, Expenses and Facilities Policy:
2023 Councillor Delegate Reports
- 2022 Australian LG Women's Association Conference - Councillors Dannock, Worthington and Schutz (149.9 KB)
- 2022 LGNSW Annual Conference - Councillors Hatcher and Schutz (142.2 KB)
- 2022 LGNSW Destination and Visitor Economy Conference - Councillor Pollock (147.2 KB)
- 2022 LGNSW Special Conference - Councillor Worthington (216.6 KB)
- 2022 LGNSW Special Conference - Councillors Hatcher, Harrison and Schutz (139.1 KB)
- 2022 National General Assembly - Councillor Mayne (135.1 KB)
- 2022 National General Assembly - Councillor Worthington (148.2 KB)
- 2022 NSW Coastal Conference - Councillor Grace (237.2 KB)
- 2022 NSW Local Roads Congress - Councillors Schutz and Harrison (224.0 KB)
- 2023 Australian LG Women's Association Conference - Councillor Worthington (142.3 KB)
- Councillor onboarding
- ICAC Corruption training
- Declaring conflicts of interest
- Governance overview:
- Code of Meeting Practice
- Code of Conduct
- Risk and Audit Risk and Improvement Committee
- Financial management & project budget training
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Cultural Awareness training
- Diversity Training
- Social Media Training
- Pre-election candidate sessions