banner image

Section 735A outstanding notices

A Section 735A Outstanding Notices Certificate lists any outstanding notices and orders issued by Council for a particular property.

The certificate refers to notices and orders issued only under the Local Government Act 1993. For example, notices and orders issued might include:

  • unauthorised building works
  • stormwater works
  • keeping of animals
  • inadequate operation of an on-site sewage management system
  • noxious weeds
  • unsafe or unhealthy conditions.

A full search for notices and orders includes Section 735A, but could also include notices, orders and directions issued under the legislation:

  • Roads Act 1993
  • Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
  • Public Health Act 2010
  • Food Act 2003
  • Swimming Pools Act 1992.

You can apply for a Section 735A Outstanding Notices Certificate at any time. The most common time you would need a certificate is before property settlement.

The certificate informs a new property purchaser on matters, including whether:

  • Council has issued a notice advising that an outstanding matter or work needs addressing in relation to that property
  • Council has issued an order advising that certain work or action is required in relation to that property
  • there are any other outstanding matters that Council requires to be addressed in relation to that property.

Apply for a Section 735A Outstanding Notices Certificate

You will need to complete the application form and pay the fee:

You can submit the application:

  • online: via our eServices system
  • in person: at Council's customer service centre on the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, between 8.30am and 4.30pm
  • by email: Council
  • by post: to Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99, Moruya NSW 2537.

We will usually process the certificate within five working days and email it to you - or if you would prefer - mail it to the address provided.

Who can apply

Anyone can apply for a Section 735A Outstanding Notices Certificate; conveyancers, solicitors and property owners are the most common applicants.

We can help you

For more information, contact our Development Help Desk: