Local Hero Award
Established in 2018, this annual award recognises Eurobodalla residents who make outstanding contributions to our community; people who give up their own time for the benefit of others and for our community as a whole.
The 2023 Local Hero Award is open for nominations from Wednesday 11 October 2023 at 9am.
Nominations close at 3pm on Wednesday 1 November.
- 2022 Local Hero: Dr Jenny Munro, AO, served the Narooma community as a well-loved GP since the 1970s and is now president of the Narooma Chamber of Commerce.
- 2021 Local Hero: Pam Hamory, Red Cross champion and all round “extraordinary Australian”
- 2020 Local Hero: Joint winners Anthony Bellette and Mathew Hatcher, for their lifechanging efforts during and after the Black Summer bushfires.
- 2019 Local Hero: Janine Halasz, Tilba community stalwart and driving force behind the Tilba CWA and School of Arts Trust
- 2018 Local Hero: Lindsay Boynton, Moruya Showground and Eurobodalla District Show Society “go to man”
For more information, please contact Megan Weyman:
- T: 4474 1358
- E: Email Council