Close up image of a Ranger in uniform standing on the beach looking out at the ocean banner image

Council Rangers

Council's Rangers are responsible for investigating complaints and enforcing legislation throughout the Eurobodalla Shire. Our Rangers work to provide consistent law enforcement to keep people safe and protect the environment, while ensuring community members can continue to enjoy the local area and lifestyle.

Most of the work done by Rangers is in response to requests from community members, and often involves an investigation.

Contact us

Rangers are on duty five days a week from 7.30am to 4.30pm (excluding Christmas Day and public holidays).

During business hours, contact Council's Rangers on:

  • T: 02 4474 1019

After hours emergencies

Outside of business hours, Rangers are available for emergency matters only. Emergencies include public health and safety issues such as stock on public roads and serious dog attacks.

For all after hours emergencies, phone:

  • T: 02 4474 1000.

What our Rangers can do

We can assist in investigating or enforcing legislation that Eurobodalla Shire Council is authorised to respond to. This includes:

What our Rangers cannot do

Council Rangers cannot respond to matters that fall under the jurisdiction of other agencies, such as police matters.

You can contact

  • your local police for all police matters
  • the State Emergency Service for fallen trees on private property:
    • T: 132 500
  • your supply contractor in relation to electrical or gas emergencies or water supply emergencies
  • Council's water and sewer services for public water and sewer infrastructure emergencies:  
    • T: 02 4474 1000.

Council Rangers cannot assist with:

  • speeding vehicles
  • noisy parties
  • violence
  • underage drinking
  • fallen trees on private property due to storm damage
  • electrical, gas or water supply emergencies.

Parking fines

Revenue NSW is responsible for:

  • reviewing fine representations
  • receipting and processing fines issued by Council
  • administering the fine enforcement system for collecting unpaid fines.

If you would like to discuss a fine you received from Council, please contact Revenue NSW on:

Useful links