Council meetings are where your elected Mayor and councillors make decisions about matters of local importance. Council's General Manager and executive staff also attend.
Meetings are generally held once a month on the third Tuesday in the Council Chambers in Moruya at 12.30pm.
The agenda and business paper for each meeting is published on the Wednesday prior to the scheduled meeting.
There are several ways you can engage in the Council meeting process:
- Read the agenda: The Council meeting agenda – including Council reports and recommendations – is published on our website on the Wednesday prior to the scheduled meeting. View all available agendas.
- Attend meetings: Join us in the Council Chamber in Moruya, or watch online. Meetings are streamed live via our webcast service and recordings are available 24-48 hours after each meeting.
- Present to councillors: Community members can make a presentation to councillors about matters on the agenda at the beginning of the meeting as part of Public Forum. Community members can also present to councillors about any Council related issues with Councillors, which have not been previously determined by Council as part of Public Access. These sessions are webcast.
- Read the minutes: Outcomes of Council meetings are detailed in the meeting minutes, which are available on the following Friday.
Council’s Code of Meeting Practice provides a framework for the effective conduct of Council meetings, Public Forum and Public Access sessions:
2023 meeting dates
- 14 February
- 28 February
- 14 March
- 28 March
- 9 May
- 23 May
- 27 June
- 25 July
- 15 August
- 19 September
- 17 October
- 21 November
- 5 December (Extraordinary)
- 19 December