We invite all members of the community to come along to Council Meetings or watch them online.
Council meetings are attended by the Mayor, elected councillors, the General Manager and Council's executive staff.
- Where: Council Chambers, on the corner of Vulcan and Campbell streets, Moruya
- When: Meetings are usually held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, from 11am.
Council’s Code of Meeting Practice provides a framework for the effective conduct of Council meetings and Public Forum sessions:
How to watch the Council meeting online
- Members of the community can watch the meeting live on the internet using our webcast service
- A recording of the webcast is available the following day to watch, generally in the afternoon
- Outcomes of the meeting can also be viewed in the meeting minutes, available on the Friday following the meeting
How to get involved
- Members of the public can present to councillors before the meeting at 9.30am about matters on the agenda at the Public Forum session.
- Members of the public can also present to councillors about matters not on a Council meeting agenda at Public Access sessions, held at 9.15am on determined dates, generally once per month
- You can also contact councillors by phone or email with issues that can be raised with staff.
- The Council will hold Public Forum prior to each ordinary meeting to hear presentations from members of the public on items of business to be considered at the meeting, unless there are no registered speakers. Public Forum will also be held prior to extraordinary Council meetings unless there are no registered speakers.
- Public Forum will commence at 9.30am. One hour will be allocated. If there are more speakers than time permits, Council could resolve to extend the Public Forum session by 15 minutes only and potentially limit the number of speakers of up to three to speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ any item of business. Speakers will be allowed seven minutes to address the Council.
Presenting at Public Forum
To speak at Public Forum, you must register by email or phone to Council’s executive services office no later than 12pm of the business day prior to the meeting:
- Identify the item of business on the agenda of the Council meeting the person wishes to speak on, and may state whether they wish to speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ the item.
- Provide a written copy of the presentation to Council by 12pm the business day before the Council meeting, which will be published on Council’s website.
Register by contacting Council’s executive services office:
- T: 02 4474 1358
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how Public Forum is facilitated, please see Council's Code of Meeting Practice: